New walking around accesory.

Charlesjoshua

Treadmill that turns in the direction as your upper body which should solve everything but side stepping. The tread would move forward and backward to allow for endless walking, and the base would rotate 360 dagrees and be controlled by upper body movement to simulate direction in the virtual world. Your head will be able to free look around, your upper body controls direction, and your feet and treadmill allow for endless walking/running/jumping. When this is available (or something better) I'd very much like to purchase it. Wireless headset isn't even needed once you have a stationary walking platform.

I've been looking at these since before i got the vive infinadeck looks the most promising sadly it's to big to fit in my room hope they make a smaller version.  The omni has the issue of that fixed bar which means you can't bend down.  

The most likely one that i would purchase is the Katwalk can bend a lot more to reach things off the ground etc can't go prone in a fps game but since i get bored sitting in one spot that is not an issue :)

Archived