Vive doesn't show anything

Nichibokun

Hi

I got my new Vive today, and after hours of setting it up, everything worked fine. SteamVR recognized the whole system etc. But after trying to open a VR game (In my case Viveport VR and VRChat) I quickly noticed that I saw absolutely nothing. The display in my Vive is blacked out, but it does pick up my movement which I saw on the monitor.

I'm really desperate at this point, I've seen some articles like this one but none of them had an anwser really

Is my Vive broken, or is there any way to fix this issue ?

Thanks for reading, have a nice day

The first thing to do in situations like this is check the cables. Make sure everything is seated properly and nothing is loose. Then, bypass the linkbox and plug directly into the PC. If that doesn't work, use a different HDMI and USB cable.

Thank you,

-John C

Hi

First of all, thanks for the fast reply.

I've checked all the cables, everything is in place as it should be means nothing loose. I've tried to bypass the linkbox, which is basically the same thing.

Could it be the 3-in-1 Cable ? If yes, I don't know how I should try another HDMI and or USB cable without shortening the cable lenght to like a meter

Okay, I found the Issue

Appereantly it really was the 3-in-1 cable. I tried it with another HDMI and USB Cable as  suggested (Thank you for that good sir) and it worked just fine. So my next step is probably to give back the cable and replace it with a new one.

Hope this helps any new Vive user who may experience the same issue.

Archived