Weird green marks in headset...

maneatingmonkey_

Please do keep me updated, I am very curious as to what it turns out to be. I though maybe a scratch on the lens, I wear glasses and I worry about that. I found something that might help me with that worry.

If that is what it turns out to be. Once you get it fixed, You might consider getting something I plan to get to help with that worry. I am posting a link to what I found to protect the lens, Here is the link,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperkin-VR-Lens-Protector-for-HTC-Vive-2-Set/323711080547 

I have been doing a little internet reading about Lens replacement and a lot of people do not like the Fresnel lens in Vibes headsets and switch them out for the other type. I just dont know. I only know what I have read and the other type run about 50 dollars. Some people are changing them out who dont even need to. I read a few post at Steam about this. Anyway, Here is another link about getting to the lens in a Vive Headset. 

To be honest, I just dont know enough about the other type and how well they work.

By the way, Pretty cool nickname you picked out, Makes me laugh.   

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HTC+Vive+Lens+Replacement/98127             

While it's hard to validate from only one prospective with limited context, the photo would be consistent with what you'd see if the OLED panels were physically damaged. It's impossible from a single photo if this is on the lens or the panel but it's characteristics point towards the display being damaged.

The patterning and color is consistent with what you'd see from sunlight being focused onto the OLED. If a Vive's lenses are exposed to direct sunlight, they will focus the sunlight onto the panel and create burn streaks - you're photo is consistent with one variation of how that damage looks.

While it's hard to validate from only one prospective with limited context, the photo would be consistent with what you'd see if the OLED panels were physically damaged. It's impossible to tell from a single photo if this is on the lens or the panel but it's characteristics point towards the display being damaged. You should be able to visually inspect and discern which layer the flaw is on. 

The patterning and color is consistent with what you'd see from sunlight being focused onto the OLED panel. If a Vive's lenses are exposed to direct sunlight, they will focus the sunlight onto the panel and create burn streaks - your photo is consistent with one variation of how that damage looks.

I showed this to a few team members and they all suspected sunlight damage based off of the patterning.