How to use the unity plugin on an existing project?

Gikey

Hello,

I'm  a new developer in unity, and I'm interesting in the 3d audio plugin.As the developer guide describes, I must attach the plugin on the original gameobjects. If I have an existing project with muliple gameobjects(ex audio sources or rooms), how can I quickly replace or use the plugin? Can someone suggest how to do it?

Thanks.

Hi ,

For spatial sound feeling, you can simply use VIVE 3DSP as the Unity default spatializer, which could be set at  “Project Settings -> Audio -> Spatializer Plugin”. Under “Spatializer Plugin” select “VIVE 3DSP Spatializer Plugin”.

Best regards,

Prof. 3D Sound

Hi Prof. 3D Sound

Thanks for your reply.But this is only for 3d sound feeling, if I want to have other effect(ex reverb, occlusion), I should attach the effect component on the gameobject one by one or write a script to do this. Is it right? Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi GiKey,

That's right. If other effects are desired, the audio listener, audio sources script, and all other corresponding scripts should be attached. Some people wrap their game objects as prefabs in Unity and generate desired game objects at run time. You could try this way.

Best regards,

Prof. 3DSound