Just bought Vive PRO, one controller freezes after 30min, then audio issues

TurboD16

Correct, audio is great until the controller issue, then after the steamvr restart to try and regain controller function, I lose audio.  I am using the Pro headset as is with its built in headphones.  No aftermarket parts/headphones.

I assume once the controller issue is solved, the audio is more of a result of the issue, albeit odd, and I was hoping it would give some better insight into the possible issues.  

I will respond the the PM as needed.  Thank you

It could just be the SteamVR restart that's causing the audio issue (for whatever reason) and because that's what you're trying to fix your controller, it's coming up as a result. If we can get your controller fixed and it goes away, good, if it doesn't, we can keep troubleshooting.

Thank you,

-John C

I have e-mailed them about the controller but have noted that both controllers are doing the same thing.  Just random which one does it at this point.  Per their request I have sent all of the information, including proof of purchase in Dec. 2018, that I am on the latest version, that a reinstall didn't help, and even went all the way and wiped the harddrives, and reinstalled everything.  Windows is working faster sure, but still no fix for the VIVE PRO system.  Tried it immediately after reinstalling everything and restarting the computer, and the problem occured twice in an hour.  I have not heard anything new from them in a while, and feel like they are ghosting me at this point.

• 11 months later...
On 5/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, Synthesis said:

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but the same exact thing is happening with me as this person.

I sent you a PM regarding the controller. |

As far as the audio issue goes, if I'm understanding it correctly, your audio is fine until you restart SteamVR and then it just cuts out. What are you using as your audio output? Just the Vive Pro headset built in earphones? Speakers? Your own headphones?

Thank you,

-John C