Vive Pro HDCP Error

hotsaucing

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your issue might be different from the one this thread is about, I never got error 208 and the Vive Pro doesn't use the 3-in-1 cable (it just has one proprietary cable that goes from the linkbox to the headset so the linkbox cannot be bypassed)

I'm thankful for this thread.  I was having the same problem -- Vive screen goes black after 30 seconds or so.  Tracking was still working because I could see the HMD in games like Mass Exodus that show the HMD position.  It's just that the Vive screen would turn off.  Extended mode worked fine, but not direct mode.

Rolling back to 417.71 fixed the problem.

• 7 months later...

To anyone else having this issue:

I have managed to fix the problem on my MSI GP73 Leopard 8RE by updating the GPU's vBIOS. 
The issue was exactly as described earlier, the Vive Pro's display would either not be detected at all or report a HDCP error around 30 seconds after starting up. After downgrading the nvidia drivers to or past 417.77 the headset worked as expected.

I have contacted MSI support on this issue, whom I must say were very quick and helpful with resolving it. They have instructed me to fist update my machine's BIOS and then the GPU's vBIOS firmware (from v. GTX1060_86.06.60.00.25 to GTX1060_86.06.60.00.42). Please note that the vBIOS update is not available on the MSI website, so you probably have to ask support for it as well. 

After updating the vBIOS to GTX1060_86.06.60.00.42 and updating to the latest nvidia drivers (442.19) the Vive Pro works as expected.