Mic not detected

Gary Schilling

First thing: unplug Vive Pro. Reboot PC. Plug Vive Pro back in. If it doesn't detect it. Check the SteamVR settings and look for the drivers and see if the microphone is greyed out. If it is, remove all drivers and go through the set up process again. It's possible one of them didn't take. Make sure you run all the software as an administrator so you can actualy write changes to your disk.

Thank you,
-Jack S

I figured it out. Did pretty much what you suggested.
Unplugged the DP cable & USB, rebooted and problem solved.
I have another question though. 
Both bases and headset are showing connected.
I've had the screen go white a couple of times now.
Any idea what might be casuing that ?

Grey screen = loss of tracking. The three most common causes are: Oclussion, Reflections, and loss of line of sight.

I'd recommend checking for a reflection; here's how:

• Run a SteamVR session until you experience the behavior (to ensure it's reflected in the log)
  • Go to SteamVR -> Generate System log.
  • Save the output as a .txt and open it in an editor
  • Search ("CTRL-F") the text document for the following term: back-facing
  • If you see a high number of back-facing hits in the output, you have a reflective surface in your environment that you need to troubleshoot.
  • Here's a sample of what a reflection looks like in a SteamVR system report:

Sun Jun 26 2016 23:02:09.676 - lighthouse: LHR-4E8EF209 H: Dropped 32312 back-facing hits, 2069 non-clustered hits during the previous tracking session

- the sun is basically a giant IR "flash", if sunlight hits the stations, it will register it as a sync flash.

As direct sunlight is able to penetrate into your playspace, you need to be very proactive in ensuring your HMD's lenses are never able to capture sunlight directly and focus it onto the OLED panel of the HMD which can cause permanent damage in less than a few seconds.