Getting a stereoscopic video using only a monoscopic 360 video file?

PixiStudio

Since the WaveVR head use 2 camera for the eyes, if I place my WaveVR prefab in a sphere and I project a monoscopic 360 video file onto that sphere, will the result be stereoscopic 3D since both camera are offset? Can this negate the need for a over/under 360 file?

I used this as an example and placed the sphere inside the helloVR sample scene from the sdk:

Everything works fine, I just want to know if what I get is equivalent to a over/under file.

No, mono 360 video will not have stereoscopic 3D.  Over/under or SBS 3D video provides different images to each eye for stereo depth that cannot be achieved with a mono 360 video where each eye is receiveing the same video (even if offset for lenses/fov).

- in other words, if you want data stream for two eyes, you need to physically capture two video streams with the lenses physically offset to provide a stereoscopic effect. You can derive monoscopic video from a stereoscopic source; you cannot derive stereoscopic playback from a monoscopic source.