Vive Focus and SteamVR tracking

Damir

Hi! Is there any way to connect vive focus (or focus plus) to steamVR ecosystem? So we need to have a standalone helmet but with precisious tracking. So we need to pair Vive Tracker and Vive Focus. 

I have seen some info for plugins in Vive Wave SDK. But I still don't understand where to start from?

(  - tag added by mdoerator)

Hi  ,

Thanks for your inquiries and bring a valuable use case with Vive Focus and Tracker.

We're thinking to integrate two different tracking systems (Out-side-In & In-side-Out), and communicate and share information in between.

It's a long way from technical point of view. That being said, we don't have firmed release plan at this moment.

Regarding to the documentation, what's the topic you're looking for?

Thanks.

Hi  ,

Theoretically your assumption is correct based on our architect design for PluginKit to link external device into our runtime and pass any related info. (like pose, position etc.) to the game engine and contents...

However personally I don't know how you can transfer the data w/o base station, SteamVR and transfer / mapping to the accurate position/pose info.

Maybe as you mention it's done inside your own driver that I just cannot imagine.

Thanks.