New HTC Vive not connecting or recognizing

Achigi

I just bought a new HTC Vive off of Amazon that came today. I went to set it up and already notice two issues. One I believe that one of the power adapters for the sensors does not work. It looks fine but I have a spare 12v power adapter and when I use that on the same plug with the same sensor it works but that power adapter does not work with either Sensor.

That was annoying but I was glad that I had a spare power adapter but now when I tried to connect my link box and headset it won't even recognize it. I am not sure if the power adapter is also faulty with the box. Is there a way to tell if the box is on/has power? I cannot see any lights and since one item in the box is already faulty I am worried more might be.

I bought the Vive from Amazon new. Not from any second parties. I will go and check to see if it powers on now that I know about the status light for the headset. If it does seem to be the link box and/or adapter being bad would it be faster for me just to request a full replacement from amazon or replace just the part that is non funcitioning?

Alright thank you guys. I did check and the headset does turn on when I plug it in directly but the status light does not turn on when put through the link box so it looks like I am going to just replace the full thing since it is within the 30 days.