buying HTC vive, dont know if pc is strong enough

NXT

so i decided to buy a VR headset and went with HTC vive.

but my brother mentioned that my PC may not be strong enough to run the supported games with a decent FPS, my specs are:

Core-i5 6600K 3.5 GHz

16 RAM

GTX 1070

I would appreciate any kind of help.

(also , im planning to buy "Hot Dogs, Horseshoes & Hand Grenades", will it run good?)

Good news. I got your exact specs and my Vive works like a champ. You won't be able to use the HTC Vive wireless adapter (I think the i5 just isn't powerful enough so it has some issues) but otherwise everything runs great. With a more powerful PC you could oversample, etc.. but every game will run with high or ultra settings without issue (except maybe Skyrim with mods and Fallout).

As for Hot Dogs.. I got it but haven't played it long.. what I did play it seemed to be fine.

• Thanks 2

@NXT - Seconded, you should be equipped for the vast majority of titles but your CPU is not great for wireless. If you ever hit a performance issue, SteamVR will let you adjust the resolution you're rendering frames to the HMD via SteamVR -> Settings -> Video (for global) as well as SteamVR -> Settings -> Applications (per-application) so if you can't run an app at standard res, you can just down-sample it as a way to try and hit 90fps.

Thanks @Wasted Potential!