On Kickstarter - The Complete Virtual Reality Game Development Course with Unity

fariazz

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my Kickstarter campaign The Complete Virtual Reality Game Development Course with Unity.

The aim of this course is to cover how to create VR games with Unity for the HTC Vive and other headsets. Through out the course, we'll build 10 projects and cover many different topics assuming to prior C# or 3D programming background.

Happy to respond any questions about the course!

Thanks a lot !

Will announce Stretch Goals shortly, which will include controllers and room scale experience for the HTC Vive. Yes definitely will become an active member of this community :)

Do you think you guys can give the campaign some promotional love like a tweet or sharing it on some other media?  

• 1 month later...

I see today is the last day to preorder the course on kickstarter. I feel very tempted but i have questions i need an answer to before biting the bullet.

1. Will the couse talk about how to implement the vive motion controllers in your games? How to make them look different? Hands, guns, swords...

2. Will the course teach me how to implement different locomotion methods in vr games? Teleportation, smooth locomotion with trackpad, armswinger, flying,ect...

3. Will the course teach me how to put these locomotion methods in a menu that the player can choose from?

As i am only interested in making roomscale games these are basicly the things i want to learn most!

A bit more details would be awesome.

I see today is the last day to preorder the course on kickstarter. I feel very tempted but i have questions i need an answer to before biting the bullet.

1. Will the couse talk about how to implement the vive motion controllers in your games? How to make them look different? Hands, guns, swords...

2. Will the course teach me how to implement different locomotion methods in vr games? Teleportation, smooth locomotion with trackpad, armswinger, flying,ect...

3. Will the course teach me how to put these locomotion methods in a menu that the player can choose from?

As i am only interested in making roomscale games these are basicly the things i want to learn most!

A bit more details would be awesome.

Hi , yes the campaign will end in less than 48 hours. Regarding your questions:

1) The main course won't cover this but since we unlocked all the Stretch Goals, we will include a complete room experience game for the HTC Vive, which will include turning the motion controllers into something else.

2) We will cover many different locomotion methods: teleportation, flying, moving and controlling direction, third person object using the cursor keys / gamepad, FPS.

3) We will cover menus and UI, but I don't think we'll include a menu to choose a locomotion method. Each game/demo will have a single locomotion method. However, the course should give you the foundations to create something like that by yourself.

So to summarize, yes we'll create a room-scale game using the HTC controllers, but it'll be in that separate course which will assume you have completed the main course (or have intermediate Unity and VR experience, as we won't explain everything from scratch there). The main course will cover all VR / Unity foundations with now 15 projects.

Archived