Did you guys even test the Cosmos before selling it ?

Dicehunter

So I have been playing my Cosmos for the better part of a day and honestly it's quite disappointing, It seems like an extremely early prototype piece of kit, Not something that should be sold for $700, The lenses are plain terrible, The slightest move and everything is out of focus, Why on earth does the Rift S which costs nearly half have better lenses ?!?!? The tracking is also just god awful, Why the hell do you need to scan your environment and have it lit up like a stadium ?!?!? The face bracket attachment feels like plastic you'd get from a thrift store and the controllers really don't last that long, Whoever the hell was in charge of testing was obviously drunk at the time.

I'll give it another few days and hopefully it may improve with updates but if it's not I'm taking it back to the store I got it, This should have been tested properly and delayed a few more months.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i have to say...from day one a couple of years ago my original Vive was fantastic, I showed people how amazing the tracking was the experience was awesome. Cosmos? I'm taking it back...if it was my first VR experience I'd have been incredibly disappointed. Sadly I cant get an Index where I live...if you can I suggest you do! Nothing can fix the optical tracking issues and terrible controllers. until you have to pay more $$$ to "upgrade" to where the Vive was from day one.

• Like 1