Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.5

C.T.

The Vive Cosmos Beta has been updated to v1.0.5 via the Vive Console's beta release program.

Please use the software updater to keep your software up to date, and refer to below software change list to reference what's changed.

Reply to this post if you encounter any issues, but also refer to “How to report issue through Vive Console” post to send back the logs with your feedback.

• Make room setup more robust under low light condition
  • Improved low light tracking experience
  • Resolved audio no sound for the some PCs
  • Fixed pop up toast did not disappear issues
  • Updated multiple languages strings (Room setup, OOBE, Origin, Vive Console)
  • Optimized wireless tracking quality

image.png.80c7b34d3d81e5070171c8e9a75874dc.png

I was getting the "Your environment is darker than we’d recommend. Adjusting your lighting or moving to a brighter play space can help improve your experience" message so joined beta and have the 1.5 update. Unfortunately it seems that it is still giving me this message. 

I have tried room setup again - practically impossible to do since the progress would go back to zero. After finally doing so it has set the room to be on an incline!

I have an oculus quest - it tracks fine in the same conditions. 

Not impressed so far. 

Hi @Consul General,

Apologies on the issue you're currently experiencing! To answer your question "Is HTC going to do further work on the lighting issue (past the 1.0.5 update)"  - yes. The team will continue to push updates that'll improve the lighting issue. If you'd like and have the time, you can help us by reporting an issue through your VIVE Console. This will collect your logs and help our team address the issues for the next updates. 

Here are the instructions on how to do so:

@Phr00t & @Jean-François Watier,

Great and fair question! Unfortunately, I don't have a defined schedule from our SW team. What I do know is that within the past 2 weeks, we've done 4 updates. These updates will be ongoing and its purpose is to support, improve, and enhance your experience with the Cosmos. It'll only get better from here. Here's our official announcement via blog for more details: https://blog.vive.com/us/2019/10/07/vive-cosmos-continuing-update/

@Jean-François Watier - I'm fairly confident we'll have another major update before the end of this month. Hopefully that update to our tracking will meet your expectations. If not, I completely understand. Thank you for your support and patience here. If there's any additional issues, feedback, or questions you have, please feel free to start a new topic and I'll assist you with it.

Thanks,
Steve

On 10/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, stvnxu said:

@Phr00t & @Jean-François Watier,

Great and fair question! Unfortunately, I don't have a defined schedule from our SW team. What I do know is that within the past 2 weeks, we've done 4 updates. These updates will be ongoing and its purpose is to support, improve, and enhance your experience with the Cosmos. It'll only get better from here. Here's our official announcement via blog for more details: https://blog.vive.com/us/2019/10/07/vive-cosmos-continuing-update/

@Jean-François Watier - I'm fairly confident we'll have another major update before the end of this month. Hopefully that update to our tracking will meet your expectations. If not, I completely understand. Thank you for your support and patience here. If there's any additional issues, feedback, or questions you have, please feel free to start a new topic and I'll assist you with it.

Thanks,
Steve

That's all well and good, but for those who have pre-ordered, the end of the month will be too late to return the headset as it takes 4 days minimum to return the headset to Romania (at least from anywhere in the EU, and that includes support saying we have 30 days instead of 14 days to return it). So you are asking us to sacrifice our RMA period in the hope your new update MAY sort everything out.

I really wish you had tested this thing before you released it. How much damage has this headset done to your reputation?