How do you re-centre your VR view?

TomCgcmfc

I mean, I have been sitting here trying to figure out the heck to recenter my view and come to find out, you CANNOT recenter your view. It just blows my mind. That's what you get for buying something from a Chinese company. 

Take a look at the Oculus Quest or the Oculus Go. You recenter at the tap of a button no if and or buts about it. Tap a button BAM. Centered. Maybe you guys should figure out how a button tap works. Infuriating.

Edited by Cappy1

@Kev1966 & @pataan,

Quick update:

In order to set your room orientation, you'll need the HMD facing that direction during room setup. The direction of the HMD during roomsetup is typically what sets the orientation. The exception is if your room-scale is done in a portrait oriented room size, then it will point in the nearest direction of the long space of your playspace. 

This suggestion is a temporary solution. I understand this isn't ideal as there is no UI to indicate or clearly show the users orientation. This has been esclated internally and we will work on this. 

Thanks,

Steve

10 hours ago, stvnxu said:

@Kev1966 & @pataan,

Quick update:

In order to set your room orientation, you'll need the HMD facing that direction during room setup. The direction of the HMD during roomsetup is typically what sets the orientation. The exception is if your room-scale is done in a portrait oriented room size, then it will point in the nearest direction of the long space of your playspace. 

This suggestion is a temporary solution. I understand this isn't ideal as there is no UI to indicate or clearly show the users orientation. This has been esclated internally and we will work on this. 

Thanks,

Steve

This is the thing. It shouldn't be this hard. Oculus you simply hold a button for 3 seconds and "zip" your reoritened to the direction you're looking. Don't like it? Set your view, relax, hold button three seconds "zip" re oriented. This is a feature that is an absolute necessity to VR. It gets very old switching VR play spaces every time you want to do something and having to go through the resetup process.

Edited by Cappy1

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have any update on this? It's very important. This is turning out to be horrendous. it's so limited in its capabilities simply because you have to go through the entire setup to make ANY little adjustment. The seating experience is literally non existent in any game I've played so far. Just agitating.

Edited by Cappy1

12 minutes ago, Cappy1 said:

Do we have any update on this? It's very important. This is turning out to be horrendous. it's so limited in its capabilities simply because you have to go through the entire setup to make ANY little adjustment. The seating experience is literally non existent in any game I've played so far. Just agitating.

@Cappy1 in most games you can call up lense, go to settings, and adjust your height.  Not a very elegant way to do it but I find this often helps get you on the right level at least.  Fortunately many games at least have a re-centre function and while it can get you pointed in the right direction, it does not always get your height right.

BTW, once I got my direction in about the right orientation I've never needed to go through the Cosmos setup ever again.

Edited by TomCgcmfc
  • Like 1

Thanks @TomCgcmfc for sharing best practice and current workaround!

@Cappy1,

I have reported this to our engineering team and it is on their radar.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but please know that we are aware of this. I will share the latest update here when I hear from them. Thank you for your patience. 

• 3 weeks later...