Possible side camera not working as supposed ?

I've made some test this morning playing orbus vr, specifically in the main menu where you can see a mirror of yourself.

When I put the controller on the back of my head to induce tracking lost the controller didn't seem to snap back when they where in view of the side camera...instead they seems to only snap back when the front the top or the bottom camera seems to see them.

Can someone else confirm this?  could this be the reason why they seems really slow to reacquire tracking? Also there is no option so see what those camera sees so I cannot confirm they are indeed working.

I also frequently lost tracking of my right controller and it never snap back into place( must reboot controller), mostly in fast pace game ( beat saber and sort of gargantua) that makes them unplayable for me.

I covered my 2 front cameras and moved the controller between the up/down and 2 side cameras. When the controller was in front the 2 covered cameras it would lose tracking but when it was seen by any of the other 4 cameras it would start tracking again. So the side cameras are tracking but how good I can't tell.

I also had problems twice on my right controller, it would appear as being some meters in front of me and looked like it was still tracking or it was only sensor tracking. Even if I touched the controller to the cameras it wouldn't come back to me and I had to switch it off and on for it to work again.

@Synthesis

• Like 1

Hi @Jean-François Watier,

Apologies on the late reply! I schedule myself to respond to this forum section during the weekdays. I read yours, but it slipped past me to respond after. Sorry again for that!

On 10/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, Jean-François Watier said:

I've made some test this morning playing orbus vr, specifically in the main menu where you can see a mirror of yourself.

When I put the controller on the back of my head to induce tracking lost the controller didn't seem to snap back when they where in view of the side camera...instead they seems to only snap back when the front the top or the bottom camera seems to see them.

Can someone else confirm this?  could this be the reason why they seems really slow to reacquire tracking? Also there is no option so see what those camera sees so I cannot confirm they are indeed working.

I also frequently lost tracking of my right controller and it never snap back into place( must reboot controller), mostly in fast pace game ( beat saber and sort of gargantua) that makes them unplayable for me.

First of all, I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues. Second, your right controller never snapping back in place is an issue we are aware of, and our engineering team are looking at and addressing. Third, can you confirm you are still experiencing this with the latest software update (v1.0.5)? 

Lastly, could you help us submit an issue report through your VIVE Console, then provide me your Trace No.? I will personally send your report to our engineering team to look at your logs so that we may investigate along with the other similar ones and find a fix soon.

Here are the instructions on how to submit a report: 

TLDR: Vive Console > Click image.png.de028941af8e933961ea3a8b333b6399.png > Settings > Go to Troubleshooting > Report issue > REPORT

Thank you for your patience.

Steve