Low light warning

rolfdiet

@stvnxu

Here's the prototype setup. It's not bright at all, despite what the pictures show. The room is about as dim as it would be when I am having problems. I would describe this beast as: cumbersome yet delicate. The wiring on the mesh LED netting is not reliable, and has been pulled apart and required repair during modifications on several occasions. It serves it's purpose well, but the issue I have with it is that it blocks my monitor and streaming camera, as well as my keyboard. I hope to make version 2 with a number of changes.

Revision 1:
No PVC, instead use cardboard (on two sides) covered with black construction paper. Ideally this would be a vinyl material for a final product. Holes will go in the cardboard/construction paper "shell" and behind that will be a semi-transparent white paper/vinyl. Inside this "shell" will be a distributed lighting source, in which the shell holes will become lit "dots", mimicking positioning targets for a 3D scan. Allow a cut through on the bottom for the keyboard and peripherals. I am currently clipping a towel to the PVC, so the cardboard/vinyl shell will be solid so as not to require this "wall". The purpose of this is to preserve the grid and prevent any light from bleeding into the room.

Revision 2:

Instead of using the shell method, use a black material to make a 120 degree black wall, placing 3D positioning stickers on the wall. The stickers will need to be lit with something, whether on the wall itself or on the user's head.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

menu_MotionCapture.jpg

• Like 2