Error Code 003 on every startup since 1.0.5 update

TomCgcmfc

Since the 1.0.5 update (initially this was beta, now it seems to be final) every time I startup my Cosmos console I get the Error code 003 (DisplayPort cable is disconnected or no video stream detected).  After a short delay it connects and works fine.  I have reviewed the Cosmos manual/troubleshooting and have ensured that all my usb ports have the power saving feature unchecked and I have the latest nvidia gpu (gtx1080ti) driver 436.48.  This only started to report this after I initially opted into the Beta and when I just tried rolling back it seems to have stayed on the same version.  Since it does startup after ~10 seconds and then works fine it's probably not too important, just kinda annoying to see the warning and error 003 every time.

Hey @TomCgcmfc,

You are quick on our update! Thank you for sharing. I'll report this back internally and see if we can reproduce on our end. We're glad it's working though, and completely understand the confusion this error code may cause. Three questions:

• During Beta, did this error code ever pop up?
  • Have you already tried restarting your computer? If so, does this error code still pop up?
  • Could you submit an issue report through the console? Your logs will be collected and I'll attach it to our report. If you can give me your Trace No., that'll make it easier for me to find too.

Thanks TomCgcmfc for being active and engaging with our forum community here! You've been super helpful for us all and we really appreciate you.

Steve

47 minutes ago, stvnxu said:

Hey @TomCgcmfc,

You are quick on our update! Thank you for sharing. I'll report this back internally and see if we can reproduce on our end. We're glad it's working though, and completely understand the confusion this error code may cause. Three questions:

• During Beta, did this error code ever pop up?
  • Have you already tried restarting your computer? If so, does this error code still pop up?
  • Could you submit an issue report through the console? Your logs will be collected and I'll attach it to our report. If you can give me your Trace No., that'll make it easier for me to find too.

Thanks TomCgcmfc for being active and engaging with our forum community here! You've been super helpful for us all and we really appreciate you.

Steve

- Yes, started after I opted into beta.  Also, there were a couple of viveport updates as well.

-yes, restart and still get the error code.  Even if I just close VR, and restart the console I get the same error code.  I don't know but it almost seems the lag between starting the console and starting steamVR may be causing this.  Who knows?

- OK, done, Trace # 20191018182701

Man, that took over 30 minutes to generate.  I kinda think you guys need to streamline this a little better.  With my Oculus Rift there is a process that collects my logs and creates a zip file which I then email to support.  That only takes a couple of minutes to generate and send in.  Probably why they get so many reports, ha-ha!

UPDATE;

I have tried this again during the day with a lot more light in my room and it starts up perfectly.  So, this issue was probably due to lower night time lighting (which I still think is pretty bright).  I thought I better let you know.  Also, I am enjoying using my Cosmos and love the new Vive Reality System.  I have also let Vive Support know this.  Cheers.
  • Like 1