Small blue dot inside headset

benlogela

Hi, just looking for some help here to something I noticed with my brand spanking new Vive I got today.

After playing for a while, I noticed a small blue dot on the upper right side of the headset, on the screen, that never goes away. Should I contact support or is it something I can possibly fix myself? Worried it might have to do with the screen as I have cleaned the lens and it's still there.

Hi , I'm afraid that sounds like it might be a dead pixel in the HMD display.

Reach out to Customer Care directly. If you're in the US, you can use the link in my sig. If you're not, use the link and select your region from the lower right of the page.

If you purchased from a retailer, you may find it easier to talk to them instead. Sorry about this, it's rare but it does happen. :(

, I haven't noticed it lately after taking a break from it (which is surprisingly hard to do), sleeping, and playing today. Also, since I had it sent from you guys, I'd rather not have to deal with sending it back and waiting for a new one and apparently I have been the only one who has noticed it. Thank you for the quick response though and thank the whole HTC Vive team for creating such an amazing product. My family and friends love it.

Hey , that's good to know. Maybe a case of that 'highly anticipated new toy' having a tiny potential error in it that only you see? :) I know those feelings!

Glad you're enjoying Vive - stick around and let us know your favorite VR experiences!

Archived