Lone echo screen very dark

chtan

I am having problem with Lone Echo. The in game scene is very dark. Not that It's unplayable but once I compare to Oculus, they are night and day difference. Revive Github mentioned that there is a RGB rendering bug in current driver. Please check.

Hi @chtan,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry about the problem you're experiencing with your content. There were similar reports about the game scene being dark in other experiences. I'll forward to engineering team to look into this. I'll follow up with you here when I hear back from them. Thanks for helping us identify this.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Hi. Is there any update on this yet?

I noticed that in a few other Games it can get too dark to see clearly in some parts so a way to adjust the global brightness and contrast would certainly resolve this problem.

thanks.

Hey @Fink,

Have you tried A-Jey's method of opening up Lens> Settings > Vivid, Normal, and Night Mode? This is our current "global brightness adjustment" Let me know if this works out. 

Thanks,
Steve

@A-Jey - Thanks for the suggestion! I'll submit this in the pipeline for them to evaluate. 

6 hours ago, stvnxu said:

@A-Jey - Thanks for the suggestion! I'll submit this in the pipeline for them to evaluate. 

@stvnxu:
I mean, every Monitor got brightness and contrast controls and every Smartphone got a brightness control.
For me it makes no sense to spare it out on a VR Display.

And it's not only an advantage for games for dark games to get them brighter.
It's also an arguments for bright games on wireless adapter where you could turn it a bit darker to get more playtime out of the battery juice.

About integration just look here (starting at 15:13)

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 1

@Fink - Yes, I do use my VIVE Cosmos to reproduce issues reported and to support the community forum here. And maybe slip in some gaming in between 😉. Hang tight as I wait to hear back from Engineering about this. 

@A-Jey - Thanks for the feedback. Totally fair and makes sense - I'll update the report for our product/engineering team to evaluate. 

Steve

• 1 month later...