REVIEW by IGN VIVE COSMOS

Subzer0

http://www.ign.com//articles/2019/11/25/htc-vive-cosmos-vr-headset-review

Two thumbs down boys...HTC team should go back to the drawing board.  They need help seriously.

Damn shame.  Most of the day one supporters dont even want to comment (positive comments) or show friends and family this trash call the Vive Cosmos.  And HTC says the device is Modular for upgrades.  Tell me who would really continue putting money into the pocket of HTC, that cant correct their own issues with the product?  Google Cardboard has a better audience and following...

IGN score = 5.7  Skip it

Have to agree with it. I have a feeling HTC are now trying to improve a dud with hardware that doesn't suit what they are trying to do with the headset.

And then as soon as the external tracking mod comes out, they'll just say 'yeah you need that if you want decent tracking'. That's $200 please.

2 hours ago, Dickytwo said:

Have to agree with it. I have a feeling HTC are now trying to improve a dud with hardware that doesn't suit what they are trying to do with the headset.

And then as soon as the external tracking mod comes out, they'll just say 'yeah you need that if you want decent tracking'. That's $200 please.

Already made up my mind to get the lighthouse plate to replace this experimental tracking updates. Every now and then, the controllers are unpredictable thru beta updates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazybird said:

Already made up my mind to get the lighthouse plate to replace this experimental tracking updates. Every now and then, the controllers are unpredictable thru beta updates. 

I agree, as soon as the Steam Faceplate module is available I will go for it.  My only concern with this new module is that apparently it only has ~1/2 the number of headset sensors compared to the original Vive.  Until then, my Cosmos is back in its box, under my pool table.  I will continue to use my Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors and Vive Pro.  I do hope that the Cosmos works well with this new module  because I do miss its flip-up screen and the Lense/Origin VR system.

• Thanks 1