Base station 2.0 is blinking red

Chicken

@Edward117,

Blinking red lights on 2.0 stations indicate the base-station has a mechanical issue. Your unit would be covered under warranty at that age - the best thing to do is to go to get the serial number off of the back of the affected base station and then navigate to www.vive.com/support -> contact us -> contact us to request a repair RMA from an agent specific to your region. If you purchased the station through Valve/Steam -  you need to contact Valve. There are no user-side fixes for mechanical failures on base stations.

Contact_Us_1.jpg.c12ee36b77bd14bd36aa72dd1da56426.jpgContact_Us_3.jpg.e5a5c0566e73f81b844bbf793824f8fa.jpg

Hello,

I'm also experiencing the same issue, I've only been using my HTC vive pro for about two months and one of my stations started blinking red. I've tried to connect it to my PC but it's not getting recognized.

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue and i just got my htc vive pro full kit for my birthday that was on 8.27 and when i plugged everything in it was good for a while and than it just did not connect but then it connected and it said there is an update and then it got all messed up and it did not find the base station and then i could not update it and now its blinking red and   now i can not even play with one base station because the tracking is that bad so i need help fast because i really want to play  😞     

@brandongamer7

If the issue is due to an incomplete or otherwise corrupted firmware installation - you may be able to plug the basestation into your PC via a MicroUSB data cable, plug the station into power, and then use the firmware recovery tool via SteamVR -> Devices -> Base Station Settings -> Recover from Incomplete Update. Don't touch/move the station while it's powered on - that could damage the spinning motors inside.

If the basestation has been damaged during shipping - the best thing to do is to document the serial number on the back of the affected light house and to then set up an RMA via www.vive.com/support -> contact us -> contact us. You may be able to use the remaining base station in a single station-mode to support 180-degree VR or seated VR during the RMA process.

image.thumb.png.246457d8797f1267ec7b2f88c43a086b.png

• 1 month later...

Do NOT do this:

"1. Unplug the base station.
2. Connect the micro-USB cable for your Vive controllers into the station and into the PC.
3. On the back of the base station is a small pinhole with a little button, use a paperclip to press it in, hold it in, and plug in the power cable. Wait for about 10-15 seconds.
4. The base station should start flashing white or blue.
5. Scan for the base station in SteamVR and apply the update.
6. If that doesn't work and your PC recognizes it as a drive named "CRP_DISABLED", make a copy of the firmware.bin that is on there and paste this one in there: https://myou.cat/tmp/firmware.bin
7. Unplug the USB and power cable and wait one minute.
8. Plug in the power cable again and it should start booting up, then apply the update through SteamVR."

This tanked my camera and now it wont turn on. I see the yellow light people are referring to in other threads. Please take down these threads that validate these steps. 199 for a camera is not cheap, and now you want me to pay for a replacement even though I have warranty. I bought the Vive Pro and love it, but I wish you would be more helpful. I am extremely upset that a repair costs 140.

• 2 months later...

@GunDust

Blinking red lights on 2.0 stations indicate the base-station has an internal mechanical issue. Your unit would be covered under warranty at that age - the best thing to do is to go to get the serial number off of the back of the affected base station and then navigate to www.vive.com/support -> contact us -> contact us to request a repair RMA from an agent specific to your region. If you purchased the station through Valve/Steam -  you need to contact Valve. There are no user-side fixes for mechanical failures on base stations. Depending on when you purchased the unit from us and the other circumstances of your specific case, a repair or replacement may be fall under warranty.

Contact_Us_1.jpg.c12ee36b77bd14bd36aa72dd1da56426.jpgContact_Us_3.jpg.e5a5c0566e73f81b844bbf793824f8fa.jpg

• 1 month later...