Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.9.6

C.T.
Message added by C.T.

Happy New Year 

Step by step we're getting there.
Maybe too slow for some users here but the developers making progress.

As usual I tested Beat Saber.
The room was far away from being well lit (lights off and cloudy day on sunset.

I immediately could finish a level on expert with full combo where I failed everytime before due to glitches or track loss.
Cross movements seems more stable now.

So definetily a great move into right direction again.

Also tried the rifle mode in Overkill VR.
At least you can aim but still it's very stuttering, shaky, unstable.
Still a lot of improvements to do there.

I'd say NOW we're on that 90% some were talking about longer ago.

Thanks for keeping up the good work on improvements.

I wish you all a happy new year and many highscores and achievements in 2020 😉

image.thumb.png.c5f31aabc83d1aa44c79712f63c236e9.png

• Like 5

Nice tracking improvements.  I can almost play Angry Birds slingshot now!  Still not Rift S standards yet but getting closer.  If you move the controllers in a circle in front of you, like winding a winch, controllers still do a bit of wandering.

Not sure what this most requested thing was?  I thought it was going to be a re-centre function but I don't see this yet.  Still, a good positive way to start 2020 imho.  Cheers and Happy New Year Mates!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OuiMurphOui said:

@lamyipming

I have saw your post several time. Have you not solve the boundary problems  yet ?  Also what's " recenter" problems means? 

Recenter is useful for games like beat saber, were you have to face a particular direction to face the game/menus, the recenter feature is on the oculus headsets that involves double pressing the the equivalent of the vive home button to bring the the view of the game around to your center vision (mind you can manually adjust the center in the games options but its just easier to do it at the press of a button.

14 hours ago, lamyipming said:

To do list:

1. Tracking optimization

2. Room orientation: recentre

3. Option to disable boundary

I noticed a new option in SteamVR when selecting the "Power" icon: reset seating position! This should take care of #2 and allow HTC to focus on #1 and #3.

I'm glad the updates keep coming, although it is hard to know exactly how much better the tracking is, since much of the experience is pretty subjective. I still notice quite a bit of wobble when holding my hands out infront of me otherwise still (or while making small movements). Occlusion, as others have stated, is still pretty bad when trying to hold a rifle.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lamyipming said:

To do list:

1. Tracking optimization

2. Room orientation: recentre

3. Option to disable boundary

4 Fix light options for dark games.

5. Changing Screenshot button combo or pass through to Steam

6. Saving more than one room setup

7. Fixing chromatic aberration on the borders

Edited by A-Jey

Tracking when moving hmd up and down (ducking under obstacles), no longer desyncs, kudos for finally fixing this. Overall less jitter and improved tracking near face and when hands are together. 

However, new tracking near the hip seems *significantly* worse with 1.0.9.6. Seeing a significant delay in Beat Saber when swinging past hips, sabers lag behind the hands and struggle to sync back up. Caused me to repeatedly have missed blocks. Other times also seeing sabers randomly lag and fly around, only started with this update. 

@C.T. @stvnxu