Cosmos ready for industry usage or not

davide445

Will receive the Cosmos Monday, and I already know my GTX 1070 will not allow me to get 100% resolution from SteamVR (probably around 60-70%).

Thinking about future upgrade the best cost efficient choice are the RX 5700 XT or GTX 1080 Ti. No doubt about the 1080Ti, but there is any experience on the 5700XT?

On 1/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, davide445 said:

Will receive the Cosmos Monday, and I already know my GTX 1070 will not allow me to get 100% resolution from SteamVR (probably around 60-70%).

Thinking about future upgrade the best cost efficient choice are the RX 5700 XT or GTX 1080 Ti. No doubt about the 1080Ti, but there is any experience on the 5700XT?

Hmm, I haven't yet. Primarily Nvidia cards personally. 

@VibrantNebula or any of the community here? 

@davide445 - We're technically agnostic on this one. One thing to keep in mind is that Steam userbase is ~ 80% Nvidia and that as a result, Nvida users generally enjoy greater VR support and more titles have Nvidia specific VR optimizations and integrated technologies like VRS. That said, AMD also has some desirable proprietary VR technologies like ReLive so it's all shades of grey.

Returning on the CloudVR topic, understood for video streaming to the headset is needed at least a 7Gbps bandwidth from the workstation to the headset. 

But what about the link on the other direction, between the headset and the workstation? I suppose need to transmit only the 6DOF data, so need a much small bandwidth. What's the minimum needed? 

@VibrantNebula