Using visual markers

Hooflee

Dont forget the ceiling, I am quite luck to have a weird home made light I made (low ceilings and x2 light fittings) above my head which really helps with tracking.

I had also though to improve tracking to put LED light strips under my furniture as I have a black corner sofa and dark brown rug.

12247833_10156254988115066_7925272091883

Edited by Lionel

15 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Dont forget the ceiling, I am quite luck to have a weird home made light I made (low ceilings and x2 light fittings) above my head which really helps with tracking.

I had also though to improve tracking to put LED light strips under my furniture as I have a black corner sofa and dark brown rug.

12247833_10156254988115066_7925272091883

I've actually printed off some markers and stuck them on the walls and the ceiling, I'm just wondering if it actually has any impact

On 1/12/2020 at 2:28 AM, Hooflee said:

I'm just wondering if placing visual markers, like those black and white abstract ones people use for AR on walls in the play area would improve the overall tracking experience?

It definitely can but it depends on your overall tracking environment. I recommend using ArUco markers. They need to be kind of large to be helpful (I use the 4x4 or the 6x6 at 200mm). I maintain a VR bay where I have about 2 dozen of these markers for generic optical headsets and it definitely helps across the board with anything that's optically tracked. Not super practical for home use though.

• Like 1