Headphones and Microphone doesn't work

MetalistBat

• 3 weeks later...

I had this issue and switched the USB for the link box from a red outlet (USB 3.1 Gen 2) to the normal blue (USB 3.1 Gen 1), and then the mic showed up both in Device Manager and in Sound options, no restart etc needed.

Edited by Risby
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue where my microphone disappears from recording devices as soon as any noise is detected. Earphones work great its just the microphone cuts out for any online multiplayer game. I've tried every USB port on my PC and have restarted and deleted/reinstalled everything twice. I already have a Ticket: 50137865.

@C.T. @stvnxu

On 4/8/2020 at 6:04 AM, TheKingleofDingle said:

I have the same issue where my microphone disappears from recording devices as soon as any noise is detected. Earphones work great its just the microphone cuts out for any online multiplayer game. I've tried every USB port on my PC and have restarted and deleted/reinstalled everything twice. I already have a Ticket: 50137865.

@C.T. @stvnxu

Do you mind sending me DXDiag report via PM? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the cosmos elite and headphones work great just the microphone isn't detected at all. couldnt connect usb to any other ports but this one in the back since all kept not working. help? Not sure what to do just found out its been using my webcam mic. @C.T.

• 5 months later...

from chat support (this worked for me):

Unplug all Link Box cables from your PC.
• Navigate to SteamVR > Drop-Down Menu > Developer>Developer Settings.
• Click on Remove all SteamVR USB Devices. Verify the USB cable or any other cable is not plugged in to the Link Box and click “Yes”.
• Once this is complete, quit SteamVR.
• Restart your PC.
• Plug them in the following order: AC Adapter > HDMI/DisplayPort > USB. This will reinstall all Vive USB drivers.