Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.2

C.T.
Message added by C.T.

Please let me know how you think about the front direction setting under Lens. 🙂 Enjoy 

😡 Pas encore de mise a jour pour tenir le fusil a deux mains heureusement il y a des jeux de voiture et camion

sa tourne toujours autour du pot des mise jour ou on voix la pas la différence 

méme le home du cosmos a pas changer toujours aussi  simple pas option 😡

16 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

While I agree with you that this beta does provide some useful features/fixes I'm very disappointed about the lack of further tracking improvements.  These enhancements were already promised after the previous updates as were 2 handed rifle type game tracking.  So, more broken promises.  If Vive really wants the Cosmos to succeed then they must achieve Oculus Rift S inside-out tracking equivalence asap.

I bought my pre-ordered Cosmos +3 months ago now I'm finding it hard not to just pack it up in its box and store it under the pool table and maybe pull it out again 6 months down the track if it's warranted.  Trying to convince myself that the Cosmos has soooo much potential is starting to get pretty old now.  As much as I like some of the Cosmos features my Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors and Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations are both superior VR headsets imho.

With saying thanks for a sidestep I didn't mean to declare tracking update as finished.
A little bit too black white view here.

I just appreciated that they found a few time between to get some other things done.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, C.T. said:

@Mr.Killjoy could you update the viveport again to 1.3.14.13 or later. you may click "check for update, and you can change the language via viveport.

Thanks, 

viveport.PNG.7b86d279557014007f5a46ed07bc58d4.PNG

@llealloo @a21aaron @TomCgcmfc @Retsu

There will be another tracking update soon, please stay tuned. Thanks

That was a quick response, thanks!

I tried the language change, it worked fine, including in the HMD 🙂 While testing, it made me realize that the title issue in the Lens menu is also there in english. Someone inadvertently applied the title for "Display mode" where "[Sound] Volume" should be.

I was also glad to see that the forward direction setting was correctly remembered on the newly opened VR sesssion. That doesn't sound like much, but it's a lot less time wasted resetting it everytime I want to play 😄

What doesn't seem correctly remembered though is the volume setting, I have no idea when it started and whether it's more a SteamVR issue, as I wasn't physically able to try any update for the past 2 months 😕 

1 hour ago, Beta_Tester said:

Think this is slightly unfair. There have been loads of software/firmware updates since the headset was released in October. I think all but one of them improved the tracking in some way.

The Oculus Rift S had lots of tracking issues when it was released in May last year. As far as I remember, the last tracking software update was August or September. So it took Facebook (with its vast development resources) 3/4 months to get tracking stable.

HTC are well-aware of the tracking issues and I know it is the product team's number 1 priority.

Hang in there! 

It goes often that way...
people jumping in with their first comment, full of bashing and with zero constructive content.

sigh

• Sad 1