Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

C.T.

I personally don't care for the faceplate as some mention above.
I bought a headset with inside-out tracking and this is what I want to use.

So I don't see the developer road for inside-out at an end when the faceplate gets released.

HTC got to get it fixed to a satisfying level.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LexDK said:

I tried the beta 1.0.10.4 . but I think the tracking was better in 1.0.9.6 as it seams to be faster to recapture the controllers with cameras after they have been out of view.

still not the best tracking but hopefully the ir faceplate can help with that when it gets released 😄

The last Beta version was the best version of all software releases imho.
The actual Beta release was the first time we saw some steps backwards.

I really hope the next Beta is not developed based on the actual version but on the one before.
@stvnxu @C.T. @VibrantNebula

• Like 1

Please HTC DEV accelerate !!!

Look OCULUS run and run again

Meanwhile HTC HMD looking for these trackers 

https://vrscout.com/news/oculus-quest-automatic-hand-tracking/

Worried worried but I hope every day and I see nothing to the end of tunnel 

Each day you and we loose the extremely hard  competition !

Edited by Sjunin

On 2/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, hamez88 said:

This Forum is for beta version 1.0.10.4. and its clear by your posts in the past week and a bit that you are just here to have a whinge, and not a whinge with anything useful to say or point out, just a whinge for the pure sake of having one. If you want to please go to reddit/4chan or whatever sort of chat and do it there, not to mention the subtle insults to other users.

Yeah and this beta version is terrible. It has worse tracking than 9.6. I'm not here to have a winge, I'm here to criticise the development practices of a company that released a product that wasn't finished. 

Like I said beta culture, and comments like yours are proof of that. I for one, when I pay $1K for a device expect it to work. Maybe this is your first foray in to VR, but it's not mine. I know what I should expect of a finished product. 

Also having an Engineering background, and having developed a device that uses optical tracking, I put in my $0.02 in regards to where I see the product going, which is nowhere. 

Edited by Glaucoma Predator
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, A-Jey said:

I personally don't care for the faceplate as some mention above.
I bought a headset with inside-out tracking and this is what I want to use.

So I don't see the developer road for inside-out at an end when the faceplate gets released.

HTC got to get it fixed to a satisfying level.

I'm not satisfied, it's not fixed, alpha product at best the way it is right now.

Go play the original HTC VIVE that's a finished product, it can accurately track you in 3d space without lag or drift. 

1 hour ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

I'm not satisfied, it's not fixed, alpha product at best the way it is right now.

Go play the original HTC VIVE that's a finished product, it can accurately track you in 3d space without lag or drift. 

Nah, you get me wrong:
I can't use a sensor solution.

I need inside-out tracking.
But I won't use a Rift-S because it's senseless with my IPD of over 72mm

So the Cosmos is the ideal solution for me personally.
Sure it's not finished and they have quite some work to do.

But I've been aware of that before buying.

3 minutes ago, A-Jey said:

Nah, you get me wrong:
I can't use a sensor solution.

I need inside-out tracking.
But I won't use a Rift-S because it's senseless with my IPD of over 72mm

So the Cosmos is the ideal solution for me personally.
Sure it's not finished and they have quite some work to do.

But I've been aware of that before buying.

I was aware of it as well, but I did not think it was as bad as it is. I was looking at reviews of the tracking and people seemed to be able to play VR bow/arrow games without issue on ...9.6. 

That is not my experience however, when I do play bow and arrow games the controller tracking is lost on the side of the headset and it starts to drift through me, eventually ending up on the other side of my face. 

I'm going to record this happening this weekend, via OBS and an external camera. 

42 minutes ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

I was aware of it as well, but I did not think it was as bad as it is. I was looking at reviews of the tracking and people seemed to be able to play VR bow/arrow games without issue on ...9.6. 

That is not my experience however, when I do play bow and arrow games the controller tracking is lost on the side of the headset and it starts to drift through me, eventually ending up on the other side of my face. 

I'm going to record this happening this weekend, via OBS and an external camera. 

But then combine it together with an issue report to collect the data of the time you recorded the video.
This will help the developers to analyze.
Of course you gotta do it both with this beta.

Edited by A-Jey

On 2/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, Glaucoma Predator said:

Also take some recordings or pictures of the room were you got it set up, i.e. of the walls, lighting and if anything else is in the room such as book shelves.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, Glaucoma Predator said:

eventually ending up on the other side of my face.

This must look like nightmare fuel to any other player in a vr multiplayer game