Cosmos Beta release - 1.0.10.4

C.T.

OK, I uninstalled my Cosmos Wireless and reinstalled my Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers (wired for now, wireless later).   Now I'm back to perfect tracking (without diif's in lighting) and great oled  blacks and contrast in darkish games.   

I might also add that I also have installed the Etsy Gear VR lens mod and this has made a big improvement to clarity and increased the sweet spot.  You lose a few degrees of FOV but this is worth it to me.  I do not get any distortion with this version like earlier DIY ones imho.  I also tried the Etsy lens mod with my Cosmos (they have 3 versions; Vive OG, Vive Pro and Cosmos) and the improvements, while good, were not as significant as with my Vive Pro.  Maybe because the Cosmos lens are already pretty good, or maybe they are a better match with the Pro's oled screens?

Oh the Serenity, lol!  From the Aussie movie The Castle.  Deff worth a watch if you ever want to appreciate good Aussie humor.  Cheers guys.

• Like 1

After testing and un-/reinstalling and testing on and on, tonight I removed the wireless module from the Cosmos to play again with my original Vive (played Beat Saber and Boneworks all the night - what a JOY).

Took the 800€-elctronic-waste out of my sight. If there ever will be a functioning tracking solution, which can be verified by the forum users, I'll try again. Epic Fail by HTC. First they killed their Smartphone Market...and now this...

Edited by ACME
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have to admit - it's really disheartening reading all this, and experiencing no controller tracking improvement since I bought it.

The place I bought it from won't take it back, and opening a ticket with HTC said they don't take it back either since it wasn't bought from them.

I really really REALLY wish that I am proven wrong, and they finally crack the tracking and make as good as people say it's on the Rift - but so far I'm an just grossly disappointed by this massive expense with no end in sight.

Can't help thinking it was a mistake. An expensive one. Which is a pity when you look at the great image quality in the goggles - and just being let down by the stupid controllers.

Edited by Shevron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow this is getting bad very quick, thank god all Australians are protected under the ACCC to return it. I will still be holding onto mine as i still have faith something can be done, and its still playable in some games. and barley passable in others.

Edited by hamez88

C'mon guys.

Are u all going to shitstorm now or what?

This is the first update which a step back and it's a beta, don't forget that.
They probably tried something out with that.

Beta versions tend to be experimental.
If you don't want that just stay on public.

It isn't true that there's no progress as the tracking got better which each beta (except this one).

You can support the developers by describing what's not working and what exactly happens.
Ranting doesn't help to get things done.

Right, I'm also not happy with the actual state but except of this update I see progress.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hamez88 said:

Wow this is getting bad very quick, thank god all Australians are protected under the ACCC to return it. I will still be holding onto mine as i still have faith something can be done, and its still playable in some games. and barley passable in others.

Good Luck, I'm in Australia and went over the return period as i was hoping that by some dumb luck that a software update could fix a hardware issue. I was told that the product was in the realm of what it was designed for and the fit for purpose argument wouldn't work as it was not a consistent issue but a intermittent issue with to many varying factors. 

@A-Jey I think the biggest issue is that we are kept being told that a firmware update will be able to fix a hardware issue. 

Regardless if this Beta was a step forward or back the tracking issue will remain as it is a hardware limitation. 

The only way forward to fix it will unfortunately cost all users a great some of money. 

• Thanks 1