Have wireless kit installed... But ?

alcpowell

Holy shit, 22 C and overheating that's terrible. 

But don't hold your breath man the customer service with HTC is not there, my experience from buying the original Vive is try and fix it yourself, they don't really care they already sold you this product. 

Your best solution is to go on youtube and other social media and let other people make aware of what state everything is in, so that they don't but it. 

Because what needs to happen is lack of sales so they fix the issues. 

Edited by Glaucoma Predator

HTC added the foam after somebody burnt their head back in 2018, It's a known issue. Has anything been done? Nope. 
The community take it into their own hands by adding a fan or actually installing a heat-sink on the SOC. 
And it stops the dropouts and stuttering. 

Cheers

@Synthesis

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:53 PM, TomCgcmfc said:

Alan, that item is simply a replacement for the Link Box that came with your Cosmos and is a little more compact.  However, there is not much advantage to this for most imho.

To go from Wireless back to tethered (I have done this a couple of times btw) you first go to your Vive Cosmos menu, wireless, and disable this.  Then you need to hook up your Link Box again.  Actually you can leave it hooked up when wireless as long as you do not power it on = green light.  Then disconnect the short wireless headset cable and replace it with the long wired one and reconnect it to your Link Box.  Restart everything, power on your Link Box, startup your Vive Cosmos console and you should be good to go.  If you want to go back to Wireless; exit your Vive Cosmos console, power off your Link Box, change headset cables, startup the Vive console, menu, wireless, and re-enable it (you may need to re-pair your wireless connection).

Just my opinion but if you go wireless and you are happy with it you should just keep it wireless and avoid switching back and forth.  Constantly plugging/unplugging/plugging your headset cable may eventually damage the headset's connector imho.

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the advice.

I thought it was a newer replacement, but wasn't sure so that answers my question.
What i'm more interested in, is the possibility of just unplugging the wireless cable from the receiver and straight into that one, like I said, I have no intention of keep stripping the headset to switch cables. At the worst, i'd damage the short one long term possibly, which is replaceable. I'd just have to make a holder type bracket, to clip onto the headset, since the cable is too short to do anything else safely.

Despite having 2 battery kits, I'm not getting enough game time ( wife allowing ) on the both of them.
Like the fan idea @sphinckoma. ( Also the SS2 icon ) SS3 coming soon....:) I went to london to queue for that when it came out at hmv i think.

I didn't do my due dilligance on the wifi...
I'm concidering modifying an old motorcycle or caving helmet to mount it all on.

thanks all
AL

7 hours ago, alcpowell said:

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the advice.

I thought it was a newer replacement, but wasn't sure so that answers my question.
What i'm more interested in, is the possibility of just unplugging the wireless cable from the receiver and straight into that one, like I said, I have no intention of keep stripping the headset to switch cables. At the worst, i'd damage the short one long term possibly, which is replaceable. I'd just have to make a holder type bracket, to clip onto the headset, since the cable is too short to do anything else safely.

Despite having 2 battery kits, I'm not getting enough game time ( wife allowing ) on the both of them.
Like the fan idea @sphinckoma. ( Also the SS2 icon ) SS3 coming soon....:) I went to london to queue for that when it came out at hmv i think.

I didn't do my due dilligance on the wifi...
I'm concidering modifying an old motorcycle or caving helmet to mount it all on.

thanks all
AL

Ha ha I thought the same thing using a old helmet. Just add Elon Musk's Neuralink sensors and you've got a Nija 900 wireless brain bucket! Great for use in isolation tanks because that's the only way to keep them cool enough to work 🙂