Tracking is abysmal.

Went to beta release last night 1.0.10.4 to check and see if the tracking is improved, can confirm it is not!

The headset will not track my hands when playing boxing games, the boxing gloves drift in front of my vision obscuring what I can see. 

The tracking is also way too slow, when the HMD looses tracking of the controller often times when it reorients the gloves it's too slow and I miss my target. 

There is also too much drift in this HMD device, this is especially noticeable when playing games and standing still.

Both the controllers and the HMD drift when standing still.

Coming from the original Vive I know what is possible, this is a terrible state to be in, hire somebody if you can't figure this out.

Edited by Glaucoma Predator
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed this too. HTC released a defective product under the (wrong) assumption that "some computer whizz kid can just make software to patch our hardware."
The Cosmos is like what I'd expect from having a bunch of boomers who never play games in charge of the R&D - they improved every aspect BUT the most important thing - game play performance. 

On 2/1/2020 at 5:42 PM, Benbob said:

I've noticed this too. HTC released a defective product under the (wrong) assumption that "some computer whizz kid can just make software to patch our hardware."
The Cosmos is like what I'd expect from having a bunch of boomers who never play games in charge of the R&D - they improved every aspect BUT the most important thing - game play performance. 

Amen!