Which port? Nothing showing in Vive headset...

RogerInHawaii

I finally found a solution. The Monitor was initially connected to the first socket on the graphics board, with the Vive connected, variously (testing out them one by one), to one of the other three sockets using the HDMI to Video converter. So, after trying every other possible solution I figured, what the heck, let's see if it works with the Vive connected to the first socket (No HDMI to Video converter) and the MONITOR connected to one of the other three connecters, USING the converter. Would the computer know what to display on what? YES, it did!

So now it works.

If only the HTC Vive came with some directions about this, especially considering that this is a PACKAGE DEAL of the Vive and the HP Computer together.

And, no, I had ZERO help from HTC itself. A phone call for 30 minutes to a guy who doesn't really know the Vive (since they have thousands of products, not just Vive) was a big waste. And after numerous attempts I was never able to get the online chat support to work or even use their Contact page to send them an email. They really need to get their act together. The HARDWARE looks excellent. Their support, not so much.

, I certainly agree if this isn't clear in the instructions, it should be. I'll pass on that feedback to our product team. Obviously, I'm glad you got everything working.

If you'd like to pass me more details on your Customer Care experience, I'll be happy to escalate for you. I'll certainly pass on your feedback as-is.

Archived