Floating into crash into tracking lost...

beezqp

No, sorry, what I mean if LCD broke after 2 weeks of using this, I am not paying a dime to get it fixed but send it back on a warranty to either get a new one or my money back.

Got a response from tech support advising to remove USB devices in developer settings in Steam VR and check for firmware updates. First solution did not help, and my firmware is up to date... Asked them for other options...

Ok, I am losing hope now. Can't even get this to work, even after reset it either crashes immediately during the room setup or can't detect controllers even then, making it impossible to progress to anything. I noticed that "room scanning" takes much longer than it used to in first days of using it, is it possible that one of the cameras went down and it's causing all these issues?

Customer support only sent me procedure how to pull the Steam VR logs and Vive Console logs and asked me to send it to them, which funny enough I already attached to my initial request I sent them! I wonder if they even read it or am I only getting copy-paste from the scripts! It's getting ridiculous and I am losing my nerve here with this headset. @C.T. @jagibson

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oxygen4004 said:

@beezqpI repeat...it is a hardware issue...ask HTC support for ship it to Regenersis Romania...it is the ONLY solution to repair it...it is not a software issue...in 2 weeks you will have your cosmos fixed

And I repeat... if they delivered me faulty hardware that stopped working not even a month into using it, I am not having it fixed, and definitely not out of my pocket. I am protected by customer law and they are going to refund or replace it completely with a new one (although honestly soon it will be longer that I deal with the customer support than I had fun with this device, so I am not really sure I even want to have it anymore, it was terrible mistake to buy it). 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, beezqp said:

And I repeat... if they delivered me faulty hardware that stopped working not even a month into using it, I am not having it fixed, and definitely not out of my pocket. I am protected by customer law and they are going to refund or replace it completely with a new one (although honestly soon it will be longer that I deal with the customer support than I had fun with this device, so I am not really sure I even want to have it anymore, it was terrible mistake to buy it). 

Yeah my headset is having weird issues as well, I had a similar crash to yours. And now room scale is all messed up. I'm half way into the floor and the room is half outside of my play area. 

Several resets and other things later no fix in sight. IMO it's a pi$$ poor hardware design that lacks the fundamental technology to be a functioning VR HMD head set. 

3 hours ago, Glaucoma Predator said:

Yeah my headset is having weird issues as well, I had a similar crash to yours. And now room scale is all messed up. I'm half way into the floor and the room is half outside of my play area. 

Several resets and other things later no fix in sight. IMO it's a pi$$ poor hardware design that lacks the fundamental technology to be a functioning VR HMD head set. 

For other readers out there, we are addressing this in another post that Glaucoma Predator reported. To stay up to date and for consistency, you can direct yourself here:

https://forum.vive.com/topic/7304-my-headset-stopped-tracking-my-controllers/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-32358

Well I am still lurking here. The guy above who blabla'd  me put me off, but I guess some update here would be nice - I don't see solution in the other topic as well.

So the support revewed the logs and advised this may be indeed hardware issue but they need the headset returned for inspection. So I returned it at the retailer on customer guarantee couple days ago. Wondering what's next. 

Who knows, maybe they will ship it to ROMANIA REGENERSIS. 🤨🤨🤨

10 hours ago, beezqp said:

Well I am still lurking here. The guy above who blabla'd  me put me off, but I guess some update here would be nice - I don't see solution in the other topic as well.

So the support revewed the logs and advised this may be indeed hardware issue but they need the headset returned for inspection. So I returned it at the retailer on customer guarantee couple days ago. Wondering what's next. 

Who knows, maybe they will ship it to ROMANIA REGENERSIS. 🤨🤨🤨

We're glad you were able to get in touch with our customer service! Please follow the instructions of your representative for next steps. We want to avoid any misalignment / double efforts here. 

Your customer service ticket should still be opened so feel free to follow up with him / her on what the next steps are. 

Thanks,

Steve