Viveport Infinity free games

pataan

Sofar I have been playing only Dirt Rally 2 and IRacing with the Cosmos.

When buyIng the Cosmos I got the Viveport promotion code and I have signed in to Viveport Infinity but never really tested it.. Now I would like to try also something else.

When I pick a game in the Steam (Pavlov VR for instance) there seems to be a price for the game. Do I have to pay it or can I play the games free of charge

as long as the prpmotion code is valid ?

You have to pay for every game with a price in Steam Store.

To play the Viveport Infinity Games you need to install/start the Viveport Software.
There you find over 600 games you can play free of charge with your Infinity subscription.

You need to install the games through Viveport software.
You won't have access to Steam achievements through your Viveport installations.

Not all Steam AAA titles are available for free on Viveport Infinity plan.
But at least you get a lot of worthy titles.

Edited by A-Jey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@pataan - Just to be extra clear here - Viveport Infinity services are accessed and launched by the "Viveport" client on your PC which is completely separate from the Steam client. If you don't have Viveport installed, you can download it from the top of www.viveport.com. You'd launch and log into that client to access the Viveport Infinity Library.

Viveport titles are powered by SteamVR. When you launch a Viveport title, SteamVR will also co-launch and drive the experience. In some cases, you may need to log into the Steam client to have SteamVR launch.

Cheers,

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

I have found the my VivePort subscription to be very enjoyable and easy to use.  I really love how most games/apps play well with my Cosmos, Vive Pro, and Oculus Rift headsets.  Like @A-Jey said, lots of very good games/apps are available.

In addition to that:
if you don't plan to renew your subscription you at least can use the rest of your plan to find out which titles you like most and buy them later on.

• Like 1

There are hundreds of titles in the Infinity subscription. If you ever need suggestions, I'm sure we could all give you plenty. I happen to like Torn, Transpose, I Expect You To Die, and Creed. 

You will have to use the Viveport app though which is its own app and storefront. Good news is, any titles you purchase via Viveport and yours whether you are subscribed or not. 

25 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

There are hundreds of titles in the Infinity subscription. If you ever need suggestions, I'm sure we could all give you plenty. I happen to like Torn, Transpose, I Expect You To Die, and Creed. 

You will have to use the Viveport app though which is its own app and storefront. Good news is, any titles you purchase via Viveport and yours whether you are subscribed or not. 

@SuperNikoPower

When do we see something like Friendslist on Viveport?

34 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Hey @A-Jey

This has been submitted as feedback a few times to the team. I am not sure where it is on the list of overall feature creation but it is a feature that has been requested quite a few times. 

I can't understand that it's still missing.
Every gaming platform got this feature.
Optimum would be an option to link Steam account to find your Steam friend's Viveport accounts.