Vive wireless causing crashes

4GD

Hi,

I've been having some issues with steamvr crashing which seemed to be somehow caused by the vive wireless app but nothing was reproducible enough that I thought it worth reporting.

But over the last few days I've noticed that it is also causing unreal engine to crash. If I either close the wireless app, or I disconnect the battery to headest/the battery runs out, it will immediately cause unreal engine to crash with no warnings and nothing written to unreal logs.

I'm not sure what information I should provide to help work out what the issue is but if someone lets me know I'd be happy to provide any further details.

Thanks.

@Jad

Something that is more concrete about the wireless app behaviour is that almost everytime the app has been open for longer than ~15 minutes I can no longer bring it to the front. Ie, clicking on the apps icon on the task bar doesnt do anything and to close it I have to right click and close.

On 2/7/2020 at 8:49 AM, 4GD said:

Hi,

I've been having some issues with steamvr crashing which seemed to be somehow caused by the vive wireless app but nothing was reproducible enough that I thought it worth reporting.

But over the last few days I've noticed that it is also causing unreal engine to crash. If I either close the wireless app, or I disconnect the battery to headest/the battery runs out, it will immediately cause unreal engine to crash with no warnings and nothing written to unreal logs.

I'm not sure what information I should provide to help work out what the issue is but if someone lets me know I'd be happy to provide any further details.

Thanks.

@Jad

Which version of UE4 do you see the issue?