Controllers stopped pairing

davide445

This morning was testing with both controllers in and out from VR, so that often the controllers was going to power off after some inactivity time.

After some time the left controller simply stopped pairing. Now the right controller stopped also. They blink after pressing the pairing buttons but when they need to reach the stable color they simply returned offline.

Before the right controller stopped pairing I checked the battery level and needed to be near maximum charging level. Since these are rechargeable batteries I'm now charging them to be sure enough power is available, but still supposedly this was the case.

Asking if there is any other troubleshooting I can do, tomorrow I have a customers demo in our offices.

Ok testing with new and also charged batteries all is working.

Noticed anyway that simply pressing the Y+triangle button it's not working, now I need to open the controller menu in the Vive Console

image.png.1538fd3dede22bd08cf1c5b3e8c280af.png

press click here and only next activate the controller pairing. Since last week was working without this passage.

So not sure if the solution was new batteries or this new procedure.

Also noticed the provided batteries are 1.5V vs my rechargeable 1.2V, suppose this will make them drain faster.

Edited by davide445
  • Like 1

Try to get yourself these ones:

Panasonic Eneloop AA (R6) NiMH BK-3MCCE/8BE

They are holding the load over months and also last very long in my controllers.
I got 8 for the controllers so I always got spare ones fully loaded.

• Like 2

Interesting, the model you use seems to have a 1900 mAh capacity, vs the 2100 the model I'm using so in theory mine need to last more. 

More concerned about both are using a 1.2V tension vs the 1.5V the original one provided in the kit. Curious to know if this might be a problem. 

2 hours ago, davide445 said:

Interesting, the model you use seems to have a 1900 mAh capacity, vs the 2100 the model I'm using so in theory mine need to last more. 

More concerned about both are using a 1.2V tension vs the 1.5V the original one provided in the kit. Curious to know if this might be a problem. 

The Panasonic Eneloop 1900mahr AA rechargeables hold voltage under load much better than most no-name brands that claim to have higher capacities imho.  I have normally gotten 6-8 hrs runtime out of them.  Don't be fooled by cheap as chips ones off places like Ebay.  Buy the real deal and you will get good results.

Sorry but I would not consider the Varta’s to be as good as eneloop 1900’s.  All the tests I’ve seen show that under load the eneloop maintains high voltages.  Also the eneloop has a lower storage discharge rate.  The varta’s are probably still ok to use though.  Certainly  better than stock aa’s shipped with the Cosmos, lol!