HMD display black with red light, tracking is intact?

Tedblobbloke

I got my Vive roughly two weeks ago, and have already come across an issue. Starting two/three days ago, upon connecting the power, the light turns green. Good. Then, upon starting up any program, the light goes red, and the display remains black. However, looking through SteamVR's VR view, the tracking is running flawlessly. leaving the headset perfectly still for a while prompts the screen back into life, but moving it shuts it down again. I have:

Checked all cables are secure.

Updated AND rolled back windows and drivers

Attempted various methods of restarting the computer, SteamVR, and the Vive.

Re-installed SteamVR AND Viveport

and a lot more.

I'm unable to check any cable-based issues due to being a jobless, social drop-out 15 year old who's broke after buying the Vive.

@Synthesis @VibrantNebula

• 2 years later...
On 2/17/2020 at 11:33 AM, Tedblobbloke said:

I got my Vive roughly two weeks ago, and have already come across an issue. Starting two/three days ago, upon connecting the power, the light turns green. Good. Then, upon starting up any program, the light goes red, and the display remains black. However, looking through SteamVR's VR view, the tracking is running flawlessly. leaving the headset perfectly still for a while prompts the screen back into life, but moving it shuts it down again. I have:

Checked all cables are secure.

Updated AND rolled back windows and drivers

Attempted various methods of restarting the computer, SteamVR, and the Vive.

Re-installed SteamVR AND Viveport

and a lot more.

I'm unable to check any cable-based issues due to being a jobless, social drop-out 15 year old who's broke after buying the Vive.

@Synthesis @VibrantNebula

Have you found the solution mate? I ve got the same problem....