Focus not acceptnig the file path on adb video play request

HonYa_fd

Hi.

i am trying to run a server app over wifi to start video on couple of Focuses at the same time.
i have adb connection with no problem.

when sending this, i get empty response with "dat=file""

[192.168.99.145:5555] sending command: shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t video/mp4 -d file:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/WORLD.mp4
[192.168.99.145:5555] Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=file: typ=video/mp4 }

tryed content, " , ' ,....did not help

tryed it over USB cable as well. Focus reacts to any adb command properly and the connection is working.

In fact, it starts the vive video player, as it should...but the enviroment is just empty....only the background is shown....looks like the path is totaly wrong...tryed different variants, no success....

thanks for any help
Edited by HonYa_fd

the file path was taken from Focus "viveport video player" where it is shown as /storage/emulated/0/Movies/
through adb command "ls" it as well listed in /sdcard/Movies/ (tryed this path as well)

the files are called ALBA.mp4 and WORLD.mp4
those are 360 videos
files are stored directly in the Focus (no ext sdcard), if you try to play them through the Focus via FileBrowser or the VIVEPort video - it works

the pc app generates exactly the same command as i try through the command line
"adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t video/mp4 -d file:///storage/emulated/0/Movies/WORLD.mp4"

when i send this command through the command line, next line i get is:
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=file: typ=video/mp4 }
and in Focus, the video player starts, with no menu - looks like it is waiting for the file

Edited by HonYa_fd

>adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.VIEW -t video/mp4 -d file:///storage/emulated/0/Focus_Movies/The_Dream_Collector.mp4
Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front

I got the above Warning while connecting Focus to my PC method.

But, video will not play, is that normal?

I just finished trying, my result for both scenarios are the same.

Your adb command works the same for "adb over Wifi"

33 minutes ago, chengnay said:

Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front

The warning is because the player is already started - that is ok

my question is.... why is dat=file: empty....if i try that command on an android emulator it adds the file path in that.... dat=file:///storage/emulated/0/Movie/WORLD.mp4
and than it says in the emulator after it launches the video player, that such file is not existing

the file path itself does not matter - if will fail with the program loading the movie....

i have like 5 android emulators, it works in all of them (mainly using the Android Studio)

apparently the Focus does not translate the path in the sent adb command to Starting intent...the file there is missing.....what is the correct way than, how to set the file path, so Focus takes it over and works with it?...

how can the adb command look like, if it needs to look different?