Support that listens to your problem?

Sjokkel

wrote:

I am trying to get a mature answer from these guys for 3 weeks now. 

What difference does the Cables make? 

To me - a big one. Having seen and used both I would be discouraged when opening a new product and getting an old(er) product/revision. The first gen has a much wider/flat cable consisting of three wires. When utilizing room scale, this cable has a tendency to flop and twist around itself more easily it seems causing a higher conern for damage to the cable and various trip hazard(s) etc. The new cable is a very much reduced one in size, and is a single round cable.

Rockjaw - any insight into BF orders by individuals etc if they should all be newer or not? Would hate to see/be in the same boat....

I had exactly the same problem with my cable. It kept being in the way. My six year old tripped over the wire multiple times. Not so much fun seeing both your expensive vive and precious daughter going down face forward. I solved many of these issues by making a pulley system holding the cable off the ground but giving me all the reach i need.

You should be quite safe now. I guess i just had bad luck. I have been asking around and it turns out i am the only one receiving the older version. :'(

Archived