Half Life : ALYX . Code not working

GruntFX

Hi all. I purchased my COSMOS Elite a couple of days ago and having so much fun with it.

It says I should have gotten a code for ALYX inside the box. I did use the Viveport Code that is on the big blue card when you open the box. This gave me 2 months of Viveport Infinity.

I am looking for feedback for anyone who used this same code and managed to get ALYX. I keep getting told by support that the code in the box give the Infinity unlock as well as ALYX. If anyone has managed to get ALYX this way, can you tell me how it was shown or delivered. Was it through Viveport, Steam or something else? Did you get sent a code?

I hope you can help. Cheers

45 minutes ago, GruntFX said:

Hi all. I purchased my COSMOS Elite a couple of days ago and having so much fun with it.

It says I should have gotten a code for ALYX inside the box. I did use the Viveport Code that is on the big blue card when you open the box. This gave me 2 months of Viveport Infinity.

I am looking for feedback for anyone who used this same code and managed to get ALYX. I keep getting told by support that the code in the box give the Infinity unlock as well as ALYX. If anyone has managed to get ALYX this way, can you tell me how it was shown or delivered. Was it through Viveport, Steam or something else? Did you get sent a code?

I hope you can help. Cheers

Have you tried to redeem the code on Steam?

image.png.8bdce3295c62ba5205ee1974f8eb375e.png

• Like 1

Edit: Looks like we posted at about the same time.  Glad it is working for you.  Thanks!

@GruntFX Sorry for the issues you have gone through.  I have seen a couple of cases such as yours.  The way the redemption works is the inbox code unlocks whatever promotion we are running at a given time, in this case it unlocks a 6 month Infinity subscription (that you can apply in your Viveport software)  and Half Life: Alyx (that you apply in Steam).

I will need some info from you, I will send you a PM.

Thank you,

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently having a very similar problem to this, detailed here: 

If someone from this thread could help me out I'd really appreciate it! Support was extremely unhelpful when I contacted them, and I'm starting to get desperate as I really wanted to play half life alyx before my classes start on Monday...

@jagibson