HAlf Life Alyx : Feedback

NRip

hy guys,

that's it, this is the end !

I finished the game last night, and my appreciation is the same, tracking very correct, but i also share the opinion of @Klayburn on arms reloading which is sometimes frustrating.

and what is even more so is the lenght of the game, a little short...(17H)...but good experience.

• Like 1

OK just spent a couple of hours on Alyx, and by god it's good.

Also zero VR "exhaustion" after 2-3 hours, and I only stopped cos the zombies were freaking me out a bit >_<

Image is crisp and clear on the Cosmos, and head tracking is perfect. Controllers can be a bit moody here and there, but 95% of the time they're 100% playable.

I only have 1 complaint tho (you can call it two kinda) .... reloading the gun! Man these controllers make it stressful.

1) Getting the mag from over your shoulder sometimes throws the tracking completely out of whack, and of course always happens when a zombie is rushing you and you're panic reloading (!!)

2) Pulling the gun chamber is an exercise in frustration! You try to slide the chamber, and the controller circly bits just smash into each-other and you can never reach the slider properly.

(also is there a way to keep this forum signed in?? Keeps kicking me out after an hour or so)

Edited by Shevron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Shevron said:

OK just spent a couple of hours on Alyx, and by god it's good.

Also zero VR "exhaustion" after 2-3 hours, and I only stopped cos the zombies were freaking me out a bit >_<

Image is crisp and clear on the Cosmos, and head tracking is perfect. Controllers can be a bit moody here and there, but 95% of the time they're 100% playable.

I only have 1 complaint tho (you can call it two kinda) .... reloading the gun! Man these controllers make it stressful.

1) Getting the mag from over your shoulder sometimes throws the tracking completely out of whack, and of course always happens when a zombie is rushing you and you're panic reloading (!!)

2) Pulling the gun chamber is an exercise in frustration! You try to slide the chamber, and the controller circly bits just smash into each-other and you can never reach the slider properly.

(also is there a way to keep this forum signed in?? Keeps kicking me out after an hour or so)

I agree 100% with you. The reloading can be tricky but I think that's amplified by how tense reloading during fights is supposed to be. It does work really well with the latest beta update though. I almost never have issues with the controller flying away anymore.

What's weird is, I do get exhaustion with this game. I've had no issues with other games but I feel like the intensity of this game due to its near photorealism is messing with me a bit so I can only play for 45 minutes or so at a time. That being said, this is what VR was meant to be and I can't wait to see where VR goes from here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joellipenta said:

I agree 100% with you. The reloading can be tricky but I think that's amplified by how tense reloading during fights is supposed to be. It does work really well with the latest beta update though. I almost never have issues with the controller flying away anymore.

What's weird is, I do get exhaustion with this game. I've had no issues with other games but I feel like the intensity of this game due to its near photorealism is messing with me a bit so I can only play for 45 minutes or so at a time. That being said, this is what VR was meant to be and I can't wait to see where VR goes from here.

Yeah I've felt a huge improvement with the latest beta, even in other games.

My issue with reloading is not the tracking. It's literally a physical issue. The controllers' light domes smack into eachother when you try to slide the chamber, so you're never able to actually physically reach it. You have to contort your hands in weird positions to sort of reach it.

And in the heat of the battle you keep forgetting about it since you can't physically see them. It makes me go all "AAARGH!!!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shevron said:

Yeah I've felt a huge improvement with the latest beta, even in other games.

My issue with reloading is not the tracking. It's literally a physical issue. The controllers' light domes smack into eachother when you try to slide the chamber, so you're never able to actually physically reach it. You have to contort your hands in weird positions to sort of reach it.

And in the heat of the battle you keep forgetting about it since you can't physically see them. It makes me go all "AAARGH!!!"

Ahhh I know what you mean. You're right. It can definitely be challenging pulling the slide back. I bump the controllers as well. I will say that holding the pistol with both hands does work pretty well now in the new beta as well. Definitely need to do that in dark areas with the flashlight!

• Like 1