Cosmos Public Release 1.0.11.2

C.T.

I've owned the cosmos for about two weeks now and have been loving it.  This is my first venture into VR so I don't have anything to compare to except what reviewers say.  I bought the headset despite the bad reviews and have been pleasantly surprised by the performance and picture quality.

The only thing that is an issue is when one controller is occluding the other, the occluded controller will sometimes move sporadically or snap into position once the tracking picks it up again.  Also, moving the controller out of view of the cameras, such as behind the head, will do some weird things. Neither situation has posed a problem for any games I've been playing (half life: alyx, witching tower, skyrim VR).

Overall the tracking has been fine for me but I always welcome improvements!

• Like 1

@Slammingbrutaldeath

Hy, very good to hear a positive note.

Could you inform the forum about your rigg, VR and play ground. Also about the walls, floor lightning and so on.

The more the better !

Thank you so much.

😍 bonjour a tous c est vrai la qualité d image du cosmos est vraiment nickel pour sa rien a dire 😍

😰 mais il y a encore des problèmes de tracking il y a pas que tenir a deux mains le fusil  qui fonctionne mal

j ai acheter le jeu  kinqspray Graffiti vr et méme ça sa va pas sa déconne tu arrive pas a etre précis pour faire un dessin 

apres j ai testé le oculus rift sur le jeu  kinqspray Graffiti vr  pour voir c est beaucoup mieux et oui rien a voir la tu peux vraiment dessinée 

quand arrive la prochaine mise a jour ?

@ar_pee

My system specs:

Ryzen 3700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 Motherboard

16GB (2x8GB) 3200mhz ram

2080ti

The area I play in is pretty small so I mostly just stand in one spot while playing.  The walls are a very light blue but I have posters on them which I'm sure helps the tracking.  There are 4 recessed lights in the ceiling and each one is a phillips hue full rgb bulb on full brightness.  If they are lower brightness the headset will sometimes complain that the play area is too dark.  No lights on the floor and if I bend down closer to the floor it will sometimes complain about that being too dark as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mihai Pupaza said:

I have the same issue with the controllers - "not tracking" after applying this firmware update. Can I switch back to a previous firmware? Is there any solution to this situation?

I cannot use my device so plaese, tell me how to fix this problem!

Hey there, could you file one issue report to me and get me the trace number? Let me see how to help you from there.

Thanks 

ok i'm disappointed with the purchase. I thought for a long time which company to choose and finally I decided on HTC. I bought to play Alyx because I already have VR on PS4. I don't understand these problems with controller tracking. I have good lighting in the room, tracking the headset works perfectly. Controllers only work well if they are seen by two main cameras. If I lower my hands to the place where the bottom camera should catch them, they will immediately lose tracking. Are they able to fix it, or is it better to sell this "wonder" and move to cheaper competition? @stvnxu@C.T.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:35 AM, tomo360 said:

ok i'm disappointed with the purchase. I thought for a long time which company to choose and finally I decided on HTC. I bought to play Alyx because I already have VR on PS4. I don't understand these problems with controller tracking. I have good lighting in the room, tracking the headset works perfectly. Controllers only work well if they are seen by two main cameras. If I lower my hands to the place where the bottom camera should catch them, they will immediately lose tracking. Are they able to fix it, or is it better to sell this "wonder" and move to cheaper competition? @stvnxu@C.T.

Honestly, you are not the only innocent. I can't bare its terrible hand tracking and I am waiting their fix or they need a recall program for this wonder product. 

Edited by lam0218

😶 salut moi je ne touche plus au cosmos il est pas a c est précis 

---jamais de mise a jour--- rien qui change 

il son déjà oublié le cosmos 

il son concentré sur leur nouveau cosmos élite et  les façades beaucoup plus chère 

vraiment injouable le cosmos

je retourne sur mon oculus rift qui beaucoup mieux et précis et + de rêve et d options