Cosmos Public Release 1.0.11.2

C.T.

I just got my HTC vive cosmos today. Firstly I installed it and updated headset software. Then I started playing for about 2 hours. My tracking was pretty good,  just occlusion was not perfect but bearable. So I was happily surprised compared to what I read here.  Then when I restarted playing I got my controllers updated,  and after that my tracking was less good. My left controller is now trembling and my aim got worse. Si i guess the controller update is not so good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyJoe Peakman said:

Could someone take a look at my recent post? I got a brand new cosmos delivered today and the display went within half hour of me using it. So confused and annoyed right now considering I paid £704 for it.

Try to unplug all and plug all back. Power supply, USB, displayport and headset cable from the PC and the box. Check if vibe console is still open on your PC and try to reboot. If it does nothing unplug all uninstall all and install again then follow instructions again. First thing to do when something goes wrong. 

1 hour ago, BillyJoe Peakman said:

I already on multiple occasions unplugged deleted etc. But one thing I NEVER actually done was completely uninstall the softwares, I just deleted them. So I’m trying it again. If it doesn’t work this time. I’m honestly not sure what to think.

Did you checked if the cable is well played on the headset ? As there is a possibility to have a wireless system it means the long cable from the box to the headset is removable. So it can be possible it moved if it was not well plugged from the beginning. If nothing does defect happen too ! Whatever the price of the device something can go wrong. 

On 4/7/2020 at 7:31 AM, Utenochek said:

I think this patch broke something.

I decided to clear environment information after this patch, because I heard that it's good for tracking. Anyway, now I can't complete the room setup! I'm stuck at setting floor level. Controllers say that they are not tracking and they just blinking rapidly. And if I press a trigger on of the controllers a floating line shows up. That line usually comes from the controller in the room setup, but it just floats at random place.

I already tried things that helped before this patch: I cleared environment information, made a headset reset, I tried unpairing and pairing controllers, reinstalled vive cosmos software, I even tried to switch batteries in controllers just in case - none of that is working! It's worth noting that before this patch I sometimes had similar issues with setting floor level, but they were fixable by measures mentioned above. Maybe there is a way to roll a firmware version back?

Yup, this is still happening to me too. Just got my Cosmos today. Worked just fine for a few hours, but the very moment my environment got the slightest, barely even noticeably darker, my controllers experienced the same thing. Despite my attempts to add proper lighting for the cameras. As well as doing what you tried too. Hope we get a fix. O_O;

Is there a date for the next beta? I always defend the HTC cosmos, but it needs a lot of improvements and the beta versions are taking a while. I know that in times of pandemic, they must be working with a reduced team, however, we need beta faster and faster to test and give our feedback, to improve the headset even more. We all know that the cosmos will never get a 10/10 score in tracking, but getting as close to it will be the minimum that the consumer deserves for having purchased the product. And with the beta versions taking more than 1 month to leave it complicates, as there are some games that really get to be frustrating to play. The cosmos has already greatly improved tracking compared to the release date, but far from comparing with other models of the same value. I hope that with the launch of the elite cosmos and its positive notes, do not forget the cosmos (classic) and leave it aside, as I live in a country where I pay 5x more than the value of the product and still have 60% tax ( if you think it’s expensive 500 dollars i pay 4000 dollars in a VR), then I don’t have the luxury of buying the elite or any other model, I already had to work hard to buy the cosmos. I hope that the beta will come out faster and improve the vr even more, especially in tracking the top of the head or close to the headset and with the arms down.

15 hours ago, Fresh_Zin said:

Is there a date for the next beta? I always defend the HTC cosmos, but it needs a lot of improvements and the beta versions are taking a while. I know that in times of pandemic, they must be working with a reduced team, however, we need beta faster and faster to test and give our feedback, to improve the headset even more. We all know that the cosmos will never get a 10/10 score in tracking, but getting as close to it will be the minimum that the consumer deserves for having purchased the product. And with the beta versions taking more than 1 month to leave it complicates, as there are some games that really get to be frustrating to play. The cosmos has already greatly improved tracking compared to the release date, but far from comparing with other models of the same value. I hope that with the launch of the elite cosmos and its positive notes, do not forget the cosmos (classic) and leave it aside, as I live in a country where I pay 5x more than the value of the product and still have 60% tax ( if you think it’s expensive 500 dollars i pay 4000 dollars in a VR), then I don’t have the luxury of buying the elite or any other model, I already had to work hard to buy the cosmos. I hope that the beta will come out faster and improve the vr even more, especially in tracking the top of the head or close to the headset and with the arms down.

Personnaly I hope they are working on it, and I jsut would like to know they gonna offer us something worth this time. No need to hurry but just inform us you really try to fixe it as for now, sure the tracking is better than it was at release but imopossible to play properly to any bow arrow games or FPS like Pavlov. And I trule expect HTC to solve it as they advertised 'Ultimate tracking experience".

On 5/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, Beta_Tester said:

Don't worry - updates are coming. Watch this space! 😊

Perfect, I'm looking forward to seeing the new updates. Today I bought a game that is horrible to play in the cosmos (practically impossible), I had to ask for a refund of it on steam, a pity because the game (OhShape) seemed super fun. So I await these updates, as it has been more than 1 month without beta updates, which for a product that has a BIG PROBLEM like the cosmos, it seems like a joke all this delay to update. 🥰

7 hours ago, Fresh_Zin said:

Perfect, I'm looking forward to seeing the new updates. Today I bought a game that is horrible to play in the cosmos (practically impossible), I had to ask for a refund of it on steam, a pity because the game (OhShape) seemed super fun. So I await these updates, as it has been more than 1 month without beta updates, which for a product that has a BIG PROBLEM like the cosmos, it seems like a joke all this delay to update. 🥰

You know that title (OhShape) is available with your VivePort Infinity subscription.  Might be worth trying that version since it specifies Cosmos Controllers.

• Thanks 1