Cosmos Public Release 1.0.11.2

C.T.

4 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

You know that title (OhShape) is available with your VivePort Infinity subscription.  Might be worth trying that version since it specifies Cosmos Controllers.

I will do the test, but I believe that this version and the steam version are the same (since both are in the same version #stayhome). The problem was in the exchange of movements in greater difficulties. The controller did not recognize the movement at the correct speed or simply did not go to the exact position I wanted (I could see by the projected shadow that he was moving alone or not changing position). That was the first game that was really sad when trying to play in the cosmos. Well, I hope they solve these problems or, in the next update, make a very significant improvement in tracking, since almost 8 months have passed since the launch and the product still has a "defect", it doesn't even seem like a valve thing. 

I will give them the last hope for the next update. It has been 8 months and if the next update cannot meet its tracking similar to Rift S, please consider a worldwide recall for this faulty product. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 4:41 AM, lam0218 said:

I will give them the last hope for the next update. It has been 8 months and if the next update cannot meet its tracking similar to Rift S, please consider a worldwide recall for this faulty product. 

I would prefer to get the pack to turn it into an elite even if I need to return the faceplate and controllers of this model. Because the screen, headphones and headset quality are excellent. It's a really good product but the main problem is it uses light tracking, so if the ambient light is too clear it can't track the controllers, if too dark it can't recognize your environment and when the controllers are in line (one occulted by the other) the system can’t find it and lose track of it. The only I found to get a decent tracking is to use a warm light making my hite walls a yellow/orange color, but even like that on beat saber expert and expert+ it sometime can't keep track of some movements...

3 hours ago, bASKOU said:

I would prefer to get the pack to turn it into an elite even if I need to return the faceplate and controllers of this model. Because the screen, headphones and headset quality are excellent. It's a really good product but the main problem is it uses light tracking, so if the ambient light is too clear it can't track the controllers, if too dark it can't recognize your environment and when the controllers are in line (one occulted by the other) the system can’t find it and lose track of it. The only I found to get a decent tracking is to use a warm light making my hite walls a yellow/orange color, but even like that on beat saber expert and expert+ it sometime can't keep track of some movements...

Yup. They can make a recall program for existing Cosmo user for a free upgrade to Elite by showing proof of purchase. If they make full refund for recall, they will lose many money. So I believe free upgrade to Elite can earn back customer loyalty and bring back a good image of their brand.

Edited by lam0218

On 5/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, lam0218 said:

Yup. They can make a recall program for existing Cosmo user for a free upgrade to Elite by showing proof of purchase. If they make full refund for recall, they will lose many money. So I believe free upgrade to Elite can earn back customer loyalty and bring back a good image of their brand.

But the Elite is a complete different Headset.
There's a reason for some people that they got a VR headset with inside-out tracking...

3 hours ago, A-Jey said:

But the Elite is a complete different Headset.
There's a reason for some people that they got a VR headset with inside-out tracking...

I know this reason and I also bought Cosmos because of its in out tracking and better FOV and resolution pixel compared to Rift S. But if they don't want to recall and refund full amount worldwide, then a free upgrade package to Elite may be a reasonable choice for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think htc should offer free upgrade.

They should do the following in my opinion-

-fix the damn tracking. this shouldve been done months ago. no excuses at this point. 

-recall and full refund

-allow significant discount with trade in for cosmos to elite

-allow current cosmos users to swap wands and face plate and pay for base station out of own pocket.

• Like 3