Cosmos Elite: very poor image quality with wireless

9 hours ago, C.T. said:

Can you enable performance priority mode to see if the issue remain? 

image.png.8eb90c11959986c06bca03d8c930ba76.png

I did it yesterday after posting :-)

Yesterday and today it was only jumping around, but i didn't have resets (screen turned blue a couple of times) and the image quality was good.

Thanks for the help, so far it looks kind of good. I can at least play.

• Like 1

Problem is still there 😡
After all, if the CPU is at 50%, I still doubt it can be the problem.

I still think that the wireless is the major suspect. I noticed that, if I stand face to the receiver and I move my head up, the image kind of blacks out for a moment.

Just for curiosity, what frequency does the wireless use? I read it's 60 ghz? And the maximum distance is 6 meters?

7 hours ago, troublemaker_na said:

Problem is still there 😡
After all, if the CPU is at 50%, I still doubt it can be the problem.

I still think that the wireless is the major suspect. I noticed that, if I stand face to the receiver and I move my head up, the image kind of blacks out for a moment.

Just for curiosity, what frequency does the wireless use? I read it's 60 ghz? And the maximum distance is 6 meters?

From the description you have, I will suggest to raise the wireless Antenna to even higher location.
Yes, the wireless is using 60ghz. it's pretty critical to have clear line of sight for the wireless transmission. 

Reread the instructions, I found out that the wireless link box was not well placed. Now it should be fine. It looks better, but I still have the problem. I can look straight to the wireless link box, so the signal shouldn't be a problem.

It would surprise me if the problem was the CPU. Could be the Nvidia though.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:39 PM, Beta_Tester said:

Hi. I got one of these:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071Y7FXWW/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_mRiSEbFE2ZAXA

It has low loss (1.45 db) and works fine on my setup.

hey, I missed the notification of this message.

Thanks for that, but I am reading it a little too late. I got this:

https://www.delock.com/produkte/G_13007/merkmale.html

It should be able to do the job, but I still have to receive it.

Also, I found the SteamVR Performance Test:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/

I ran that, and it went very well:

18452824_SteamVRPerformanceTestResults10_05_202018_03_02.thumb.png.67543227f9a59c732795654a866a81b7.png

So I think performance shouldn't be a problem.

In the meanwhile, playing BoxVR,, the screen is blacking out quite often.

BoxVR is not exactly consuming a lot of resources, and I am also playing at lower settings. I am also playing right in front of the antenna, head is not moving. Wireless communication shouldn't be an issue.

This is really strange. Why isn't the same happening with Beat Saber?

Strangely the cable didn't work, in the sense that the console doesn't see the wireless link box at all. Very strange.
Before I try with the other cable, I want to try something else, because the problem occurs even when I am right in front of the box, in optimal position, just not very close. On the console I see that the reception is with 4 full lines, which would mean maximum. So I doubt it's the wireless connection.

I noticed that the distance between the base stations is a little more than 5 meters. Hard to tell exactly, but maybe 5.30. I thought the maximum distance was 6, but I just read that it's 5.
That would explain a couple of things. That would explain all that jumping around, and why the problem occurs when I do wide, quick moves with my hands.
However, it doesn't explain why I have the problem only with wireless (I tried again with the cable, it goes very well). Also, it doesn't explain why sometimes I can play 20 minutes without problems.

So, I wanted to ask:

1) would it make sense that the wireless connection makes somehow the larger distance between base stations more noticeable?

2) where can I get a sync cable? I can't find mine. I read it's a normal 3.5 stereo cable. I saw on reddit they recommended this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/10m-3-5mm-Jack-Cable-Premium/dp/B001IPLKI2

Would that work?

3) incidentally, does anybody know why my nice, very low loss cable didn't work?

Thanks for the help