Westworld Awakening: Coming to Infinity on 4/20/2020

• 8 months later...

I have an Oculus Quest on Viveport Infinity.
Any way to know what games might come to Viveport and which ones never will?
For example, Red Matter used to be on Infinity and it's on sale in the Oculus app right now, but I hate to pay for a game with no replay value. Will Star Wars or Myst VR ever be on Viveport? Or never because they are Oculus games? (or are they Oculus games?)

• Like 1

@Syberchick70 -

We have a coming soon page here. There's a mix of Infinity and traditionally paid content on there. Pixel Ripped 1995 will be on there soon.

Our content team is always trying to onboard new content onto the platform - it's a fluid situation that changes daily. That said, some of the titles you mentioned are specifically Oculus Studios titles and those specifically are unlikely to ever come to Viveport due to the exclusivity contracts that developers sign with Oculus in exchange for funding.

• Like 1

@VibrantNebula - Thank you for the reply, that is exactly what I needed to know. I'm new to VivePort Infinity and I wasn't sure what sources you curate your content from. Do titles that were previously in the Infinity library ever get rotated back into it? In other words, is Red Matter forever lost to the Infinity library, or might it come back?

@Syberchick70 - Our content team (of which I'm a part of) basically reach out and establish conversations with most titles that pass a quality threshold. We source from everywhere. The actual on-boarding conversations are entirely case by case, title by title and most of them are NDA'ed. As far as I'm aware Red Matter isn't something we have a fresh deal for. That may change in the future since all of these conversations are dynamic but it's not currently in the pipeline.

• 1 year later...

@andreasnielsen We have a coming soon page. https://www.viveport.com/section-coming-soon That lists all of the titles where a developers has indicated they intend to publish, as well as some that we've worked out publication deals with.

Our content team actively engages with the developer community to scout out titles that are in development, or already have already been published elsewhere and attempts to onboard them into the ecosystem. We pretty much talk to everybody - it really just depends on each VR studio's or publisher's approach.