Question of the week: What's your favorite VR FPS?

stvnxu

I've played most of the popular titles like Pavlov, Onward, Gunclub VR, Arizona Sunshine, SuperHot.. the list goes on. 

But to me, none of them beats.. *drum roll*.. RAW DATA! (by Survios)

This game is sooooo good especially in the early days of VR. To this day, it still remains my favorite FPS. The reloading, the specials, the charging powershot, the half jumping robots, drones, etc. I feel like the game is so underrated when new VR users go straight to the popular titles I listed above. Don't get me wrong, those are all REALLY great experiences, but Raw Data should be in that list too! 

Anyways, there's mine lol. What's your favorite VR FPS and why? 😮

• PC | MSI VR GT62VR
  • Current HMD | Cosmos :hmd_cosmos:  
  • Stuck in VR since 2016

image.jpeg.74a37ced5a9cd9dcfa2cdb7b507975c4.jpeg

My only VR FPSs so far are all Valve things, Alyx, Portal Stories, and the Lab, I can't say if there's a bad one between them, Maybe Portal Stories cause it's based of P2 and a fan project rather than designed to be in VR from the ground up. 

• Thanks 1

@JohnyDL

Believe it or not, I have yet to play Alyx... I'm trying to finish Half Life 1 & 2 first so I can connect to the story. It's been YEARS since I played it so I forgot everything.

My first time hearing of Portal Stories. Where do you get access to that?

3 hours ago, stvnxu said:

@JohnyDL

Believe it or not, I have yet to play Alyx... I'm trying to finish Half Life 1 & 2 first so I can connect to the story. It's been YEARS since I played it so I forgot everything.

My first time hearing of Portal Stories. Where do you get access to that?

Well there's this 

Fink 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2020 at 2:54 AM, JohnyDL said:

Portal Stories is a Mod that's on the steam store

https://store.steampowered.com/app/446750/Portal_Stories_VR/

I've not played either of the original games I figured I didn't really need to

OH wow. cool that it's free. I'll try it out this weekend. Sad that the reviews said there weren't any portals involved though 😞. But I wouldn't know how they would've pulled that off without getting motion sickness lol

5 minutes ago, Fink said:

Hi @stvnxu

Try this , it's more fun and definitely more satisfying if you create your own. All the software and components are free BTW. 🙂

Fink.

OOOOOO this is sick.  Thank you for sharing. Will add this to my weekend. 🙂

20 hours ago, stvnxu said:

OH wow. cool that it's free. I'll try it out this weekend. Sad that the reviews said there weren't any portals involved though 😞. But I wouldn't know how they would've pulled that off without getting motion sickness lol

No portals but the movement method is basically teleportation anyway, so you get the puzzles but not the portal gun itself, there's still things you can't do without them but it's only a mini quest. I think it would be possible to do a full VR Portal game but level design would have to be really clever.

For some levels put a portal dividing the room set up, if you're on the orange side of the portal you can shoot blue and blue side shoot orange and then you have this magical doorway that helps you move about the space. Other Levels you get the full portal gun but you never go through it yourself. But anything momentum based would have to be excised because yeah motion sickness