Getting started with the HTC Vive Tracker (Pose + Input via Pogo pins) in Unreal Engine 4.24

MariosBikos

On 7/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, patrickabroad said:

I watched to video above but when I click the "Edit" button for current binding, nothing happens.  Also, nothing happens if I click the Create New Binding button.  I'm I doing something wrong?

SteamVR 1.18.7 and UE 4.26.2

Thanks.

I figured it out.  The binding step appears to no longer works for the Trackers in 4.25+ which in affect eliminates all the "Special" input sources.  For Input Source in UE, choose one of the sources that start with "Tracker_".  This should match the roles you can chose for the Tracker in SteamVR.  Then, in the SteamVR settings, select the Tracker role that matches the Input Source you selected in UE.  You can skip the whole binding part of the process shown above.

This is not documented anywhere in HTC or in Epic Games so it would be cool if you guys did that.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 3:46 AM, patrickabroad said:

I watched to video above but when I click the "Edit" button for current binding, nothing happens.  Also, nothing happens if I click the Create New Binding button.  I'm I doing something wrong?

SteamVR 1.18.7 and UE 4.26.2

Thanks.

Ahan 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello!

I'm trying to to find the 6 pogo pin connector that will attach to the HTC Vive(2018) in order to mount it to a 3d print. Looking for an already made produt to buy and mount. Not looking to buy the pins separately and make my own. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic, thank you so much! We are doing accessibility research at UMass Lowell and having the hardest time getting haptic output on pogo pins of the tracker. We are sending a vibration to all devices from Unity and the controller vibrates, but the tracker doesn't even output on the pogo pins (we measured with digital and analog). Is it because the trackers don't have the Haptics shown in the picture (controller included for comparison). 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zkf7ikMCKcGLUmPyAHMc3f4ZhOYYAZV9/view?usp=sharing

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!