HTC needs to be held accountable

This thing is basically unusable for any games that require 2 handed rifles or scopes... which are basically the only games I bought and enjoy playing.  I just heard that there are upgrades being released where I'll have to shell out another $600+ for the wands, base station and face plate.  I might as well just buy the cosmos elite for an extra $300 and sell this junk cosmos to an uneducated VR buyer like myself.

Were all of the amazing advertisements claiming the Vive cosmos being accurate just lies?  There has to be consumer laws that holds HTC accountable for releasing a piece of junk. Class action?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, deniedbyalstate said:

This thing is basically unusable for any games that require 2 handed rifles or scopes... which are basically the only games I bought and enjoy playing.  I just heard that there are upgrades being released where I'll have to shell out another $600+ for the wands, base station and face plate.  I might as well just buy the cosmos elite for an extra $300 and sell this junk cosmos to an uneducated VR buyer like myself.

Were all of the amazing advertisements claiming the Vive cosmos being accurate just lies?  There has to be consumer laws that holds HTC accountable for releasing a piece of junk. Class action?

👀👆🏽👍🏽 agreed.  Junk

• Like 4

First day of using the Vive Cosmos, I could not aim for #$@# while playing on Pavlov.  I thought it was a ME issue so I went online and found out about VR gun stocks.  I searched and searched and searched but could not find a VR gun stock maker for the Vive Cosmos.  I asked one of the manufacturers why a gun stock was not made for the Vive cosmos, they replied that they did tons of testing and concluded that the Vive cosmos tracking was so bad that not even their gun stock could help.  Then they recommended me to purchase the 1st generation occulus citing that though its cheap, the tracking performance is way better compared to the cosmos.

HTC goofed big time.  They profit while consumers eat dust.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, manudu78 said:

je pense qu il va falloir se regrouper pour porter PLAINTE  ensemble  contre HTC! 

And still these french guys can not bother to translate, lol!  They don't seem to understand that this is an english based forum.  Ignorance or arrogance, maybe both?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, deniedbyalstate said:

I'm just going to sell it and buy the valve index.  HTC sucks big time.  No accountability.  Someone needs to sue.

Ya, the OG Cosmos inside out tracking still sucks and has not significantly improved for over the last 4-5 months of it 8 months product life imho.  Too bad since the rest of the headset is very good.  Mine also worked very well with the Vive wireless adapter.  I bought mine pre-order btw, last time I ever do that, lol!

I understand why you want to go to a Valve Index because they look very good.  I might have gone that way too if Valve actually shipped these to Australia.  Instead, I spent a heap more $'s and bought a Vive Pro full kit w/2.0 base stations/controllers.  I also got the latest Etsy Gear VR lens mod (~$70, from etsy dot com).  I gotta say that this was the best thing I ever did and I really wish that I bought this instead of my Cosmos.  The Pro's oled screens look absolutely fantastic and I'm loving it with all my flight and racing sims.  Much better blacks and contrast in darkish games/sims than the lcd screens on the Cosmos.  Maybe a little less SDE (screen door effect) with the Cosmos though.  Unfortunately, my poor little Cosmos is now back in it's box.  I may look are reinstalling it later if Vive ever gets its inside out tracking and light tolerance up to Rift S standards and I'd probably run it wireless.  Since I now have the Pro I'm not sure if I want to spend a lot more $'s on an Elite faceplate.  I like the OG Cosmos controllers over the Vive controllers so I think I'll just wait and see if tracking issues ever get resolved.

I also have a Rift cv1 w/2x sensors that I use together with my Vive Pro.  Thanks to the Pro's link box on/off switch and the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) switching options, it's very easy to go back and forth between these headsets.  I mainly use my Pro (wired) with all my flight/racing sims and Google Earth VR.  I mainly use my Rift cv1 for all my Oculus Store games and for any VivePort and Steam games that benefit from the Oculus touch controllers.  For the most part the Vive controllers (most seem to call Wands) are ok imho.  Plus they are very robust!  My current dual PCVR headset setup is working great for me.  It's nice to be able to use the best tool for the job.

I kinda doubt that taking HTC to court is going to do much but I guess that's up to you.  While, like many others, I've been disappointed with my OG Cosmos, I'm still willing to support them.  Good luck whichever way you go mate and cheers.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 6:42 AM, deniedbyalstate said:

You think too much. First, HTC is not Apple and they don't have a big market and massive customer base. If Apple make such a product, believe or not, they will issue worldwide recall very soon after they released it because there will be many class action lawsuit on Apple if Apple made such a faulty product. You can see that the butterfly keyboard has worldwide free replacement program because the keyboard not doing its job well....

I hope HTC can come out to speak officially on how to solve this Cosmos issue. They keep on saying will improve its tracking over time. But when ? It has been many many months since release. HTC, please come out to admit whether if it is a product design fault and do something remarkable to solve it.

Edited by lam0218
  • Like 3