HTC needs to be held accountable

I returned the Vive Cosmos (in store) stating it was "Not Fit for Purpose" .   Iron clad statement given the state it was it and most likely still is in.  Full refund obtained.  Bought a Vive Pro instead.

Happy Days 🙂

• Like 2

returned my cosmos to my retailer and getting the cosmos elite ( because i don't wanna wait over 10 weeks to get a valve index ) , the Original cosmos was a misstake from HTC's part. and should have never been released. i even doubt they tested the headset before releasing it ( which is f****ing unacceptable ) Yeah if you are a owner of the cosmos headset i suggest you contact the retailer you bought the headset from and write them a mail with clear details & also provide some evidence ( like forum posts, youtube videos about the headsets problem ect.... ) and they should be able to give you a refund or atleast let you be able to add some additional $ to get the cosmos ELITE. if a retailer sends back a device that has clear issues they have to give a refund.  So there's really no reason for a retailer not to accept you're return. ( unless it has physical damage ). Also it's on there end, not your fault the retailer put up a faulty product on their site/shell. I got offered a refund from my retailer even tho i've had it over the 14days mark. I wrote a detailed message with evidence that the headset was faulty and just overall a trash product that shouldn't be sold. I live in the EU and over here we have the consumer protection law. And this headset pretty much breaks all of them. 

For many rich people, using money to fix the problem (buy those sensor, faceplate) is no brainer for those people and those people don't care about money. All companies love this kind of customer.

But many people, investing such a big amount of money based on its misleading market terms hurt our heart deeply. 

For 699USD, you can expect as least as good as 399USD Rift S.  

And, I don't want to waste my time to say anything or complaint to this company, HTC....really done with this company, no second time for their products

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

In the same boat, agreed, they need some sort of upgrade program for previous adopters where we pay the difference between the normal and eliete and get the faceplater/controllers and basestation.

In the mean time if you adjust your grip on the controllers as if you where showing your wrists (the under side) so both the light sensors on  the controllers can be seen clearly in a line of site, it helps quite a bit for rifle operations. Some games like half life alyx has some excellent programming that makes dual handed operation of a weapon work wonderfully. It shows that game developers have to put in the effort also for games to work on the vive cosmos.

Count me in. They totally ignore us the first beta testers, and refused to provide a fair option to upgrade to Elite version. They just leave us with the rubbish tracking and hope we just disappear. They should be held accountable for treating us like shit.

No noise at all. The VR consumer base is small. HTC is not Apple or Bose, and I pretty sure they know. If they do worldwide recall, they should have done it long time ago. 

I still haven't finished Half Life alyx yet. I know if I can bare the tracking issue, I can beat the game. But I have no mood adapting to this faulty product. 

HTC is the most terrifying brand so far in my experience of all times.

Look at how Apple handle things because Apple value its customer. If Apple made thing which has flaw, Lawsuit in the way. And Apple always admit it and give replacement or free repair program. And then Bose which do worldwide recall for its sleepbud. 

And Look at what HTC do....you never can imagine how a company can act like this. No promise, no roadmap for fix, just nothing, completely silence....

Edited by lam0218

Pretty sure HTC have given this headset up as a dead duck now. All the updates were just to string people along until their headset was beyond the return period.

Agree that they should be sued over this for people who still have it and have given up on the updates (which I think is most people now). Given the advertising they did on release it would be an easy win for the consumer. Luckily I managed to get a full refund a while back and (guess what) I bought an Index. Even with the cable, an overhead pulley system did the trick for me. I read something that Valve have patented a wireless VR peripheral and if true, I think it would be a final nail for HTC in this industry. Pretty sure Wireless is why most people would even consider their first Cosmos now.

Personally, I would never buy from them again over this debacle.

• Like 2